Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my mom is crazy- OMG she just did it again!! only worse!!! thats it

or at least has the mind of a 15 yr old or something.    I have been told for years by close friends and DH that my mom is nuts and a very negative influence on my life but well she's my mom so I ignored it.  However, it seems everyone was right.    As a mom I am so proud of every accomplishment my kids achieve.  My mom is not.   I started a very successful cleaning busines a yr ago and instead of being happy her first comment was " remember you cant go through peoples drawers"    Really mom?  you know because apparently I have a habit of that and didn't know it?   Her next was " dont ignore the IRS" again really?  I am so stupid?     Then, I got a kidney stone and she said it was because I was working too hard.  I bought a new house ( by myself DH is in school)  she said  "dont get to big for your britches now"  what?    DD is making straight A's in highschool and I was excited about it, her comment was "well she doesn't go to public school so its probably easier"  she goes to private school that is rated # 4 in the nation for college preparedness.      My mom slapped me a lot when I was a kid, and I said I would never slap my children and her comment was "wait until they become teens" well DD is 16 and never been slapped, her response was "well your just a better mother than me" and she said it very sarcastically.     I could go on and on and on but its long enough.  Is it me?  Or does she sound like a jealous teenager?    BTW I have not thrown this is in her face like she claims I have just been happy with things and wanted to tell my mom.     

OMG She just pulled another one, she called to get my address to send kids Christmas presents ( she does give presents to the kids) and DD 16 answered and jokingly said "what are you getting me for Christmas?" and my mother ( now tell me shes not crazy) said " a little N!$@er doll"  I will not say that horrible word so i hope you can figure it out.   My DD said "here's mom" and gave me the phone and wrote what she said.  I told her that was horribly innappropriate and wrong and she said " fine they aren't getting anything" and hung up.  Thats it we are done never again.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
AMBG825
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My grandmother is/was like that. My mom was a single parent so my grandmother swore up and down I'd be pregnant by the time I graduated. Nope didn't happen. At that point it was because I wasn't pretty enough to get a man. (insert eye roll) Then I joined the Navy and all she could say was that I was a government paid whore. I told her there was a difference between a bitch and a whore and lord knows she taught me to be a bitch. Then when I graduated college (Ivy league no less) my other cousin was going to a better one to study a much more lucrative career. (Note: She still hasn't graduated high school and has 4 kids by 4 men.)

Needless to say, I only talk to her when I absolutely cannot avoid it.

Due9
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG, I think we are long lost sisters with the same mother. My mom is very much like this. A very jealous person, very childish and petty, not happy about anything unless it directly benefits her, and I think she is a little crazy. I could write an entire book about this with my siblings...it would also include how she would smack us all the time and we were terrified of her. Today she does the SAME sarcastic thing as your mom, "well I am just a horrible mother" . ugh...

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM

seems she def. has some issues to say the least !

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
My mother was certifiable, too. but she always came across as wonderful to others. God love anyone who has to deal with mental illness in your family because its very difficult, more so when its your parent.

Quoting Cochise:

I had a mother-in-law who was just like that !!  I always suspected something wasn't right. Maybe bi-polar ...or just a plain old mean bitch.  Not everyone is nice....my mother-in-law treated her children like that too....it seemed she was kinder to strangers than her own blood.   ):

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tennismom360
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Wow this saddens me to see how many women have bad relationships with their mothers.  Why is it so common?

I left home at 18 to go to college 10,000 miles away. I was sooo happy to leave.  It has been 22 years and I am still very happy. My mom has always been very negative and only sometimes fun to be around. I swore I would not be like her at all.  

I went to visit her in August this year and she has gotten worse. It is so sad.  There is nothing I can do, but to stay away - 10,000 miles away.

So sad!

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting AMBG825:

My grandmother is/was like that. My mom was a single parent so my grandmother swore up and down I'd be pregnant by the time I graduated. Nope didn't happen. At that point it was because I wasn't pretty enough to get a man. (insert eye roll) Then I joined the Navy and all she could say was that I was a government paid whore. I told her there was a difference between a bitch and a whore and lord knows she taught me to be a bitch. Then when I graduated college (Ivy league no less) my other cousin was going to a better one to study a much more lucrative career. (Note: She still hasn't graduated high school and has 4 kids by 4 men.)

Needless to say, I only talk to her when I absolutely cannot avoid it.

OMG my mother does that too!!   I had DD when I was 18 and so now my mom says over and over that she will also be a teen mom and I'd best accept it.

Ollie123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM

She sounds like a negative person. Maybe a little jealous.

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Green eyed monster

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Quoting sucker4myloves:

So when she says those things, does she also congratulate you on success or is it JUST the negativity? Cause if she's also happy for you, that's just a concerned mom looking out for her kid. If it's just the bad stuff, she sounds like a bitch.

Never gotten congraluations or anything.  She seems to get upset and downright mad, even with the kids accomplishments, she says I'm rubbing it in her face.   She really likes DH but instead of congratualating me when we married she said " when you divorce this one I get to keep him".   DH can't stand her and has kicked her out of our house before.

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Quoting Momof2angels88:

I think my mom is bi-polar and a hypochondriac. Every time I talk to her she always had to one up me. If I say my back hurts ( I have 2 bulging disks) she will say I know mine hurts worse than yours. Um, how does she know how bad mine hurts? I developed Bell's palsy in January 2010, all the sudden in March 2010 she has MS ( doesn't that usually begin in your 20's, she's 65). Now she says her vision is 2200, isn't that considered legally blind? She still drives. She complains that I get more money than her (I get disability, she's retired), I get $698 (for me and 2 kids), she gets $689, plus she has her boyfriend living with her who pays ALL the bills, I pay all my bills.
I told her the other day that I lost 64 pounds, she looks at me and says "where". One day my DD (she was 3 at the time) found a dollar on the ground and ran to pick it up, my mom pushed my DD on to the ground and snatched the dollar. My mom stole my silverware, pots and pans and dishes, multiple times, but she can't cook in her house because he stove hasn't worked for over 12 years!!
Why does she need several sets of pots and pans when 1: she can't use them to cook and 2: its only her and her boyfriend in the house, NOONE is allowed in her house because she has boxes stacked from the floor to the ceiling. That's just to name a few, oh wait the big kicker!! When my DD died in 1998 and my DS was murdered in 2008, she had the nerve to tell me that she doesn't understand why I'm so upset, because they were HER babies ( my DD was 2 weeks old, my DS was 15 years old). I pushed them out and cared for them from the day if birth until they passed away and they were her babies and not mine. When my DD was getting ready to be taken off life support, the nurse told both of us that If they didn't bag her she would be gone in a matter of seconds, I said ok I want to hold my baby when she dies, guess who was carrying her into the room and pushing the nurse who was trying to bag her away? If you guessed my mom you are right!! She was the one holding her when she took her last breath, I held her when they pronounced her. Psycho mom, yep that's mine!!!!

I am sooo sorry you had to go through that.  I have never lost a child but when DD was born she was very premature and  spent a month in the NICU, a week into it was my birthday and I called her to see if she would watch the older kids ( 10 and 8) while DH and I went to see the baby and then go out to dinner.  She said no because she was too upset that her granddaughter ( my daughter was in the hospital).     She then reminded me that she had told me i shouldn't have anymore because I had health issues with the others ( I got a kidney stone ) so it was my fault she was early.    BTW I didn't get a kidney stone while pregnant with her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN