Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm shocked 3 police, 1 ambulance and a fire truck was at my house!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
  • 19 Replies
My sister has done it again. Friday was my parents anniversary. My dad and mom went out for the day. They left my 15 year old Aunt, 12 year old Niece and 10 year old nephew at home by themselves. My sister was there but she was sleeping. My parents got home around 4pm. The kids said my sister hasn't come out of her room all day. Mom went in her room to see what she was doing. She was sound asleep to the point mom was yelling and violently shaking her before she woke up. Mom told her to get her ass up and quit sleeping all day because she didn't want to have to listen to her be up all night. My sister got up and went to smoke a cig. She came in from smoking and sat at the kitchen table to eat a bowl of cereal. She fell asleep at the kitchen table and fell out of the chair onto the floor. Mom told my sister to get up that was enough. Mom went into the medicine cabinet where she keeps my sister's meds and sees 43 pills are missing. That's right between midnight the night before and 4pm that afternoon my sister took 43 pills. Sleep aids, depression meds, pain pills ect. Mom told her to get up and get dressed mom was taking her to the hospital. She instantly became agressive. Yelling, getting in my moms face ect. Mom called my sisters doctor and he said she needed to go. When my mom and dad tried to get her to go she was very agressive, yelling slamming doors, spitting in their face, throwing things ect. Mom called the police and asked their advice on what to do. They said she needed to go to the hospital and that they would come and get her. That's when mom called me to come pick up the kids. I get there and 3 cop cars are outside, an ambulance and a fire truck. I walk in and tell the kids to get in my car. I her my sister yelling and screaming. I heard one cop yell get her arm then I heard a loud crash. By the time I got in the car I see my sister coming out of the house strapped to a gurny struggling to get out, spitting and yelling. The police had to ride in the ambulance with them because she was so combative. She's pulled stunts before but this was the worst. I don't know why they even release her. She is completely unstable to be out on her own. She needs 24/7 care. Just wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Sorry to hear this. Maybe this time they will keep her longer and she can get some better help.

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I doubt it. She was just released from that place 10 days prior. This is her 4 time going there for shit like this in the past 4 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Wow crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demonica29
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

So sorry, hun.  I have a mentally ill sister as well.  She is 41 now and ever since her teens there have been bad times, not so bad times, and even a few good years in there.  Mine has also made many suicidal gestures, last month cutting herself to where she required stitches.  It is exhausting to have a mentally ill family member, most people really don't get it, and I envy them that.

Unfortunaely, as you well know, basically inpatient psychiatric care has become short term for the crisis time only, and then, bom, back to society.  Your sister and mine are both lucky to have family that are there for them, even if it is SO HARD on us.  Many of the mentally ill just go back and forth from prisons to halfway houses. 

I understand the rationale behind closing the state mental hospitals (1990s I think) because the conditions were deplorable, basic human rights were not respected, and very few were truly getting treatment and showing any improvement.  Unfortunately the closing of those hospitals left a huge void in our society of who and how the mentally ill are getting treatment.

cjsix
by faith on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I'm sorry that your family has to go through that...it must be very difficult and heartbreaking. Please make sure someone is willing to listen to the younger ones...the 15,12,10 yr olds. Hugs Momma!

AMBG825
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

That's a normal occurrence in my family. Both my DH's mother and his half-sister have emotionl issues. They take medication for it but even though their medication is paid for with medicaid and no charge to them, they don't refill their prescriptions when they are supposed to. So every 3 months the crazy train pulls in to the station.

AMBG825
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

And yes, when DH's mother and half sister call, I start playing Ozzy.

Mesh2
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

That is really rough, I hope your family stays strong and gets the help that they need! 

HouseMa
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

You said the kids told your parents that she hadn't left her room all day.

So, how did she manage to take 43 pills without leaving her room?

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Ahhh man that sucks...Sorry your family has to deal with that kinda BS !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN