Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My kids can have anything they want for dinner on their birthday (within reason). So i asked my oldest what she wanted for her birthday dinner today and she asked for stuffed pork chops, roasted potatoes, salad and carrot cake.
I have been cooking all day! Right now I am sitting for 30 minuets while the cakes cool and the pork chops soak up the seasoning then back to the kitchen I go to chop taters, make frosting and throw the chops on The grill I'm tired!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
rockabillybetty
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Not spoiled.. thats Love !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Mmmm. What do you stuff your pork chops with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM
They are lucky. Good job, mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Home made corn bread stuffing and apples

Quoting Paperfishies:

Mmmm. What do you stuff your pork chops with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
idareyou
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quoting Nolanzo:

We did too when we were growing up... or we could opt to wait for a non-school night and pick a reasonably priced restaurant :)

Same in my family. I've continued to do it for my kids too. They think it's the best, getting to choose!

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM

i do that too.  My oldest picked bbq chicken, sweet potatoes, jello, green beans and apple cranberry pie last time. lol. He was about to turn 6.      My 4 yr old chose pb and honey sandwhiches for his last bday. 

My 3 yr old wanted steak, sugar snap peas, mashed potatoes with sour cream and an ice cream cake.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

We always let the birthday person choose dinner on their b-day.....they can choose any meal and I will make it or choose to go out to a restaurant of their choice.

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Your kids aren't spoiled at all.
I always do that with mine, but they are still young so the wishes for dinner is mostly Pizza, Spaghetti with Meatballs and Garlic Bread or my 6 year old one was Bread Dumplings, Red Cabbadge and Salisbury Steaks (some German Food) and chocolate cake.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM
My mom did that! She also cooked me my favorite dinner the day I brought each of my daughters home :)

I let the girls pick what they want on their birthdays. It's always spaghetti for my oldest and hot dogs for my youngest, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM
My 12 year old always picks salmon cakes the other kids pick different things every year.

Quoting beadingmom17:

My mom did that! She also cooked me my favorite dinner the day I brought each of my daughters home :)

I let the girls pick what they want on their birthdays. It's always spaghetti for my oldest and hot dogs for my youngest, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)