Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am i wrong?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 33 Replies
S/O and I both have the flu. Even though I feel terrible and have to work tomorrow I bathed the kids and made their dinner. So after I got out of the shower (in hopes it would make me feel better) he says "will you rub my head? It hurts" I said "no I don't feel well either remember?" He got up and stormed off and said he hates being here and doesn't want to talk to me because he didn't ask for anything big. I just don't feel good enough to do it and I took care of everything else with no help. I feel he is being selfish. Am I wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM
He sounds like he is being a baby. Most men are when they are sick. I don't think its anything to dump him over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Traci on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Hes acting like a douche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

He sounds like a little kid. He's in the wrong!

heresjohnny
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I hate to repeat the stereotype of men being big babies when they're sick.....but it's true. My DH is the same way. I've been a mom for 9 years now and I've never once taken a "sick" day. I rarely ever get sick, but there was one time I was so sick and weak that I couldn't even take more than 5 steps without fainting. Even then I trucked through it and took care of the kids......while DH sat on the couch tinkering on his laptop.

Jennyp05
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
No you're not wrong. He's being a giant baby! Men get a hang nail and act like the world is coming to its end...and they are supposed to be the "tougher" sex???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:54 AM
No its not I'm just wondering if I should have just done it.

Quoting AlekD:

He sounds like he is being a baby. Most men are when they are sick. I don't think its anything to dump him over.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Sick man are always acting like their going to die the next minute and want you to baby them. It was not wrong of you not to do it, he could have done it himself.

Tennismom360
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

It is ok to say no!

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Men are big babies when they are sick. There is no getting around it. If he doesn't act like that on a regular basis, dont take it personally, just let it slide.

connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess an option would be to trade favors. You massage his head,.(sounds like he really needs some blood flow to that pea brain of his) , in exchange for a foot massage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN