Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Im scared Eta update

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 19 Replies
Yesterday I noticed a walnut size bump in the right side of my jaw. It is just before the joint. It is not painful unless you touch it. I am really hoping it is just an infection rather then something more serious. After I get the kids to school my dh will be taking me in to figure it out. I am worried and scared.

Wish me luck

The doc thinks it might just be lymph node.
But she said if it doesnt go down within a week I will need to have it biopsied to check for cancer and such and I will also have to see an ear nose and throat doc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hmm. I used to get large cysts on my jaw. They were painful if I played with it, but always went away on their own. Is it on your neck? Could be a lymph node.

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Side note - my mom always said it was because I talked to much. ;)

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Lining it up with my finger it is right below the outer corner of my eye lining my jaw line. I am probably worrying to much because besides the average cold or flu I never get sick or have to go to the doctor. That and normally when someone in my family goes in for something that seems to small ends up to be a life changing problem. I am really hoping I can come back on here to tell everyone I was just overreacting.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Hmm. I used to get large cysts on my jaw. They were painful if I played with it, but always went away on their own. Is it on your neck? Could be a lymph node.

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I probably look ridiculous trying to figure out where it is on my face. lol. Couldn't find it.

Inshallah, it'll be nothing hun. :) I'll keep you in my prayers. And keep us informed.

Quoting goodnightmama:

Lining it up with my finger it is right below the outer corner of my eye lining my jaw line. I am probably worrying to much because besides the average cold or flu I never get sick or have to go to the doctor. That and normally when someone in my family goes in for something that seems to small ends up to be a life changing problem. I am really hoping I can come back on here to tell everyone I was just overreacting.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Thank you

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I probably look ridiculous trying to figure out where it is on my face. lol. Couldn't find it.

Inshallah, it'll be nothing hun. :) I'll keep you in my prayers. And keep us informed.

Quoting goodnightmama:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Are you sick at all? In Sept, I had a huge lump between my ear and eye, and behind my ear, and in my neck and it was swollen nodes. It took Weeks for them to go away with antibiotics. I had a sinus infection and ear infection and I didn't even feel sick at all.
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM
For a few weeks have felt congested and have had a cough. Last week I had a fever and throwing up, got over that part though. I also have some wisdom teeth acting up that need to be pulled. I have to wait until tax season to get them pulled though because they have to be surgically removed and with no insurance it will cost at $1500 if not more. This is why I am thinking it is most likely an infection but am worried/scared of it not being an infection. I know I am overreacting, I have to be.

Quoting PlaysAllDay:

Are you sick at all? In Sept, I had a huge lump between my ear and eye, and behind my ear, and in my neck and it was swollen nodes. It took Weeks for them to go away with antibiotics. I had a sinus infection and ear infection and I didn't even feel sick at all.
ja2010
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I would too hope it is just something small nothing too serious good luck.

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Thank you

Quoting ja2010:

I would too hope it is just something small nothing too serious good luck.

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)