Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What should I get DH? Another question in red

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I get him the puppy or printer?

Options:

Puppy

Printer

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I'm conflicted on what to get DH for christmas.

He (and DS) REALLY wants a golden retriever puppy (we agreed that would be our next dog). I found some for $350 which includes vet check up, shots, and de worming. This is a really good price compared to what I have been finding (anything between $600-$5000).

Before I found them I was planning on getting him a edible ink printer. He is a baker and often uses edible images. Its something that would be very useful and save money from having to print them off at stores.

He needs the printer, but wants the puppy (doesn't know I found them for that price). Part of me says be practical and get the printer. The other part says splurge and get the puppy because I may not find another for that price.

Next question- If I decide on a puppy, should I try to keep it a secret? I'm pretty sure I can find someone to keep the puppy until christmas. Or should I let DH in on picking one out? I like the idea of him and DS waking up to the surprise.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM

The puppy will make the entire family happy, I'd go with that. 

Missy5326
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Looks like the puppys winning lol

nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

puppy!!!!!!!

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I say get the puppy 

_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I would buy a puppy,my DS would die for a dog but where we live we can't have any animals besides a gold fish and we have had two of those already and they both died :-(,thank goodness my aunt has 2 dogs so my kids love going over there..

Come Join This AWESOME Group:Mom2Moms

prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Please get the puppy from a local rescue group or shelter . They have soo many , a lot even pure breeds . I can't tell you the countless amounts of 6-8 week even couple hour old puppies they put to sleep :/ . If you can't find one at a shelter either ask the shelter about local rescue groups , or check Facebook . They ALWAYS have puppies .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I have been signed up for months to receive emails when golden retrievers come in. I am not getting anything. We have gotten animals from shelters before and it hasn't always worked out. I want to get one that I know is healthy and has vet papers to prove it. I dont want one that I dont know anything about the back ground.

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

Please get the puppy from a local rescue group or shelter . They have soo many , a lot even pure breeds . I can't tell you the countless amounts of 6-8 week even couple hour old puppies they put to sleep :/ . If you can't find one at a shelter either ask the shelter about local rescue groups , or check Facebook . They ALWAYS have puppies .

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Sorry. But me personally. I would buy the printer. Then with the money you say he would be saving. Save it up for a puppy. Obviously its a need versus a want. And if he needs something for his business then I would buy that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I say get ds the puppy and hubby the printer

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I cant afford both. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I say get ds the puppy and hubby the printer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)