Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you appreciate/like these for your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 21 Replies

Instead of giving toys or clothes to my nieces and nephews for x-mas giving a handmade quilt with their pictures on them and things they like to do that year. For example I am almost done with my sons and have made one each year for him. The first year he got a pooh one with his pictures, and some baby print fabric, last year he got trains, with his pictures, This year he is getting a combo micky, elmo, and trains, with his pictures. I let him use them for the year (would longer if he wanted to) then hang them on a quilt rack in my living room for people to see.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM

BTW the reason I ask is my brother already told me what he wants me to buy his kids.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I would have loved for someone to take my baby's old clothes and make me a blanket, perhaps you could incorporate some of that. I had saved many of their important outfits and some that I liked the most. They were in my shed in a plastic container up until last month when the hurricane hit. Unfortunately, the container opened and I found the kids clothes strewn all over the neighbors lawns, it was heartbreaking. Had I had a blanket, I could have salvaged them. 

militarywife09
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Oh I would LOVE something like that for my kids! I much prefer handmade over store bought. Toys don't last long here, they get so bored with the toys but they love blankets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would have loved for someone to take my baby's old clothes and make me a blanket, perhaps you could incorporate some of that. I had saved many of their important outfits and some that I liked the most. They were in my shed in a plastic container up until last month when the hurricane hit. Unfortunately, the container opened and I found the kids clothes strewn all over the neighbors lawns, it was heartbreaking. Had I had a blanket, I could have salvaged them. 

I am sorry =(  I would of made it for you. I love doing crafts just not paying for them and not having anybody to give them to and they sit in storage.

christina0607
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

How do you make a picture into fabric?

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I made a rag quilt out of DD's old clothes and she lives it. DS got a twin quilt made with ship blocks. I've given crocheted baby blankets. Quilts are great gifts, IMO.

However, I would only do iron on photos on a wall hanging. If you get them specially printed, rock on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I would love for my kids to get something like that. It's a very thoughtful and personal gift.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

That's a neat idea

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yes that's awesome!!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM

DD would love it.  I have  a friend who has made her quilts in the past and one year made a matching pillow.  DD treasures anything someone makes for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)