Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm boared so i thought i would start a randome post. So where did you meet your SO??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Yahoo! Personals. We've been together almost 4 1/2 yrs!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Moogie1005
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Match.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I met mine on a cold November night in my favorite little Country Bar in Germany.

Chrissy0918
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM
We were set up. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duckiesgurl
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I was his bully in highschool. I would pull his hair and punch him and kick him daily along with stealing his things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Quoting nothinbutsmiles:

It sounds bad... but in a bar. LOL. I rarely go "out", and my kids were away on visitation with their grandmother (she lives several states away). One of my girlfriends talked me into going out for drinks with her and the guy she was seeing at the time. I'd been single for a year, and knew I was "ready" to date, but wasn't looking. Later that night I saw him from across the bar. Tall, huge broad shoulders, and this smile that made me weak in the knees. I nudged my friend, and said, "You see that guy over there... I'm gonna talk to him before the night's over. I have to." She laughed it off. Sure enough, less than an hour later, I'd followed her and her guy back to the bar when they ordered a round of drinks. He ended up right next to me, half-arguing/joking with a guy who turned out to be his (very drunk) brother. I overheard him say, "...no! Your not pretty enough for me to buy you a drink!" I looked up, smiled, caught his eye, and said, "Sooo... does that mean you'll buy me a drink?" He didn't leave my side the rest of the night, and we stayed up until sunrise just talking... about everything and anything. <3

That's cute

jenking04
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Quoting kayleesmom42328:

Yahoo! Personals. We've been together almost 4 1/2 yrs!!!

That's awesome. Every time i have used dateing sites i attract the losers.

TableforSeven
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Senior year of high school......my best friend wanted me to meet her boyfriend.  She said she hopped I would like him -- apparently, I did.

nothinbutsmiles
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Thanks. He's pretty darn awesome. I'd been looking for someone like him since I was 15, and finally found him. Wouldn't trade him or change him for anything.

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting nothinbutsmiles:

It sounds bad... but in a bar. LOL. I rarely go "out", and my kids were away on visitation with their grandmother (she lives several states away). One of my girlfriends talked me into going out for drinks with her and the guy she was seeing at the time. I'd been single for a year, and knew I was "ready" to date, but wasn't looking. Later that night I saw him from across the bar. Tall, huge broad shoulders, and this smile that made me weak in the knees. I nudged my friend, and said, "You see that guy over there... I'm gonna talk to him before the night's over. I have to." She laughed it off. Sure enough, less than an hour later, I'd followed her and her guy back to the bar when they ordered a round of drinks. He ended up right next to me, half-arguing/joking with a guy who turned out to be his (very drunk) brother. I overheard him say, "...no! Your not pretty enough for me to buy you a drink!" I looked up, smiled, caught his eye, and said, "Sooo... does that mean you'll buy me a drink?" He didn't leave my side the rest of the night, and we stayed up until sunrise just talking... about everything and anything. <3

That's cute

samimommy
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Work. We worked in the same building but for different companies. I hit on him a bunch and he had no idea. I eventually told him I needed computer help (when I didn't) so I could get to spend time away from work to get to know him. We exchanged numbers and later that night I admitted I wanted to get to know him better and so a few days later he took me on a date and we've been inseperable ever since.

The funniest part is that before I knew his name I had told my co-workers I was going to marry "the bald guy". Sure enough here we are. Got married in October of this year and I couldn't be happier. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN