Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just ordered Rosetta Stone

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

It was on sale for 199.00 off the price because of Cyber Monday plus free 2 day shipping. I have been wanting it for a long time but never commited to buying it, so now I have!

Hopefully I will stay motivated and do it!

juggling

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Which language do you want to pick up?

Due9
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Spanish-wish me luck :/

Quoting frndlyfn:

juggling

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM

For me spanish was easy to pick up.  I did 5 years in school of spanish and actually made it to AP spanish which was college level.  I lost most of it though due to not using it as frequently now.  Start prepping now by watching dora and diego.  I kid you not my guy has learned a few key phrases that way in spanish and it tickles dd when he uses them when giving her instructions.

Quoting Due9:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Due9
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I think it is the easiest of all languages to learn. I used to speak okay, but not fluent, when I worked at a carpet factory where there were alot of hispanic people. Working there, I picked up alot of phrases and learned how to pronounce words. I had no choice because I had to communicate with the other people. I know I can become fluent if I just set my mind to it and stick to doing it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

For me spanish was easy to pick up.  I did 5 years in school of spanish and actually made it to AP spanish which was college level.  I lost most of it though due to not using it as frequently now.  Start prepping now by watching dora and diego.  I kid you not my guy has learned a few key phrases that way in spanish and it tickles dd when he uses them when giving her instructions.

Quoting Due9:

Quoting frndlyfn:

juggling

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Definitely find someone who will not laugh at you when you are practicing in real life as well to help keep up the fluency.  I had latino friends from all different countries so i learned slang from them and what not to say in spanish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN