Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tips for the new Mum

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

Please share anything you learned once your baby came into your life. What surprises did you have. Pass along any info that may help a new Mum

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieMommy1987
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't actually have to wake your baby every 2 to 3 hours to eat if they are hungry they will let you know...a lot of moms think you have to wakr them or they will starve...

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM

That's great info. Thank you!

Quoting DixieMommy1987:

You don't actually have to wake your baby every 2 to 3 hours to eat if they are hungry they will let you know...a lot of moms think you have to wakr them or they will starve...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont be afraid to hold your baby as much as you want to .  There is no such thing as spoiling a baby.  Holding them helps their brain development and creates a bond of trust when you answer their cries as soon as it starts.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Relax and NEVER be afraid to ask for HELP,And you can't spoil a baby/child with holding them as much as you want,I heard that a lot when my baby's were little just be the best Mom you can be..........And scene !

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM

BUMP!

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Nap when baby naps. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

piwife
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Breastfeed.. its great, free and best of all you can do it in your sleep lol. Talk about multitasking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopefulmom789
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Let any obsessive cleaning routines go! Your Baby will grow up to a toddler and beyond in such a short time.

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Take care of yourself too.  If you need help ASK!!!  Don't over do it after baby is born.  Relax and rest whenever you can.  Not all babies will take a pacifier or certain types of bottles, just keep trying different ones.  Newborns sometimes develop rashes on their faces, or little white heads, this is normal.

I can't think of anything else right now.  Have you had your baby yet?

hopefulmom789
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Quoting hopefulmom789:

Let any obsessive cleaning routines go! Your Baby will grow up to a toddler and beyond in such a short time.

I have to add this...Do not say no to everything!! That's lazy parenting, and an easy child rearing mode to become stuck in. Think what the child is asking, compromise or really think about the issue. Also, never...ever...make empty threats, yell or scream at your darlings. Think about the punishment, is it fair and are you really wanting to enforce it? I have a 26 yr. old, (and had a 23 yr.old), and a 7 yr. old. These are the issues I wish I handled differently with the older ones. Live and Learn i guess. Congrats on the new mum status!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)