Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my dog is going to die tonight if we dont get her to a vet =(

All day long my dog has not acted right. She has been hiding and just laying around. Well tonight has been no different but just a few minutes ago she walked into the hallway and was gagging and puked. She then immediately went outside. I went to clean up the puke (first time she has puked all day) and there are several spots of bright red blood in it, and the rest is a brownish watery color (no dog food but she hasnt really ate today). I think we should take her to the emergency vet but I can not get her to come inside. =( Does anyone know what could be wrong? Are there any illnesses that dogs typically puke blood? I really hope she doesnt die outside tonight. I have always heard animals go and hide when they know they are dying.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

My dog hacks and pukes all the time but never blood. She could be going outside to eat the grass...my dog does this when she is hacking. Sorry i dont have a better answer. Hope she gets better soon.

She is not eating grass. She keeps laying down in places but runs when I get anywhere close to her. I have over 3 acres and she has greyhound in her so there is no catching her if she dont want to be caught.

Buggy979
by Danette on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I'm sorry... How old is she?

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Quoting Buggy979:

Did she eat an object like a sock, toy or ball? I would try and get her to a vet instead of being in cafemom..

I can find her but cant catch her. I have over 3 acres of woods that she has free run through. I dont think she ate anything. SHe is not known to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyzmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Has she been spayed?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waiting123
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM

*** THIS ***

Quoting mom2ljh:

You really need to get her to the vet. She may have ingested something and have a blockage. She could have a colon issue. She may have gotten into something toxic or it may just be a nasty virus. But you won't know if she isn't seen. Enlist a neighbor to help? I hope you can get her to a vet.

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:46 PM

She is 6 years old. She does only have half a stomach and a partical colon but does not normally puke. Diarrhea normallly yes. They said she would probably only live less than a year originally but like I said she is 6 almost 7. All these post saying parvo are scaring me not only for her but I have another dog that is 4years old. He is acting fine though.

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Quoting Buggy979:

Did she eat an object like a sock, toy or ball? I would try and get her to a vet instead of being in cafemom..

I can find her but cant catch her. I have over 3 acres of woods that she has free run through. I dont think she ate anything. SHe is not known to.

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quoting Lyzmom:

Has she been spayed?

yes.

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Quoting waiting123:

*** THIS ***

Quoting mom2ljh:

You really need to get her to the vet. She may have ingested something and have a blockage. She could have a colon issue. She may have gotten into something toxic or it may just be a nasty virus. But you won't know if she isn't seen. Enlist a neighbor to help? I hope you can get her to a vet.

I have treats and her bed on the back porch hoping I can trap her. That is my best bet. I have over 3 acres and she has greyhound in her so unless I got a crap load of people we still wouldnt be able to trap her and she will bite strangers.

Buggy979
by Danette on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I don't think its parvo.. you might be right about her just has had enough. I would really try to find her...

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

She is 6 years old. She does only have half a stomach and a partical colon but does not normally puke. Diarrhea normallly yes. They said she would probably only live less than a year originally but like I said she is 6 almost 7. All these post saying parvo are scaring me not only for her but I have another dog that is 4years old. He is acting fine though.

Quoting Buggy979:

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Quoting Buggy979:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyzmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Ok, good. This sounded similar to my dog, who ended up having a deadly uterine infection.
The blood is concerning. you should get her in. Can you bribe her with a treat or favorite toy to get ahold of her?
Just a thought...it works for mine when she tries to run. I hope everything works out.
dark_xiii_angel
by Purple Ninja on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Poor doggy! :-(. I'm no help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN