Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my dog is going to die tonight if we dont get her to a vet =(

All day long my dog has not acted right. She has been hiding and just laying around. Well tonight has been no different but just a few minutes ago she walked into the hallway and was gagging and puked. She then immediately went outside. I went to clean up the puke (first time she has puked all day) and there are several spots of bright red blood in it, and the rest is a brownish watery color (no dog food but she hasnt really ate today). I think we should take her to the emergency vet but I can not get her to come inside. =( Does anyone know what could be wrong? Are there any illnesses that dogs typically puke blood? I really hope she doesnt die outside tonight. I have always heard animals go and hide when they know they are dying.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Quoting allabout11708:

Idk. Bump. I'm sorry she is sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM

any news?

LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Parvo, ant freeze poisoning. You need to take her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki341
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I just had something similar happen with my dog except he was wasnt throwing up blood. He had a tumor burst on his spleen and he was bleeding internally. Hopefully you can catch him soon, cause they do surgery if it hasnt been too long

sweetmissy_05
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Poor doggy I hope you can get her and take her in.  Please keep us updated!!

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I just caught her. It is 9:19 and her vet opens at 10 and do walk ins. I am getting my two year old ready and we are going to be the first ones there. She isn't acting like she is in pain.

Quoting forsakenjewl24:

any news?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM

hope your dog is ok

MRSDVS
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Sayin a prayer for you and your dog :-( feel so helpless when a furbaby is sick

duejan13th
by ♥Jessica♥ on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM
My rotty did that whenbshe swallowed a ball!!. 2000$ later she was health and happy again. Without the surgery she would have died

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

All day long my dog has not acted right. She has been hiding and just laying around. Well tonight has been no different but just a few minutes ago she walked into the hallway and was gagging and puked. She then immediately went outside. I went to clean up the puke (first time she has puked all day) and there are several spots of bright red blood in it, and the rest is a brownish watery color (no dog food but she hasnt really ate today). I think we should take her to the emergency vet but I can not get her to come inside. =( Does anyone know what could be wrong? Are there any illnesses that dogs typically puke blood? I really hope she doesnt die outside tonight. I have always heard animals go and hide when they know they are dying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Vet. Call them. now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN