Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my dog is going to die tonight if we dont get her to a vet =(

All day long my dog has not acted right. She has been hiding and just laying around. Well tonight has been no different but just a few minutes ago she walked into the hallway and was gagging and puked. She then immediately went outside. I went to clean up the puke (first time she has puked all day) and there are several spots of bright red blood in it, and the rest is a brownish watery color (no dog food but she hasnt really ate today). I think we should take her to the emergency vet but I can not get her to come inside. =( Does anyone know what could be wrong? Are there any illnesses that dogs typically puke blood? I really hope she doesnt die outside tonight. I have always heard animals go and hide when they know they are dying.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
supermom0609
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM
parvo. force liquids down her they die from dehydration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM
parvo. force liquids down her they die from dehydration
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Glad u caught her:( poor doggy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM

doesn't sound like parvo to me and my dog had parvo as a puppy.

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Perhaps she ate something that pierced her intestines, such as chicken or fish bones. Even if you didn't feed them to her she may have picked it up outside in the yard. She might have eaten a dead bird or something like that. Get her to the vet and take a sample of the puke in a jar for him to test. Don't let her suffer. If she won't come in, go out and get her. Put her on a leash or cover her with a blanket and pick her up and carry her inside and to the car. Evidently she is very ill if she is puking all over and won't come out with the rest of the family. TAKE HER TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY. She deserves the best care and to be relieved of her suffering.

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

awww thats awesome. let me know what they say.my boston terrier i swear has 9 lives like a cat. since we have had him every time we have been to the vet....it's for something that's wrong with him.just can't have a good vet visit. except for the last one. that was the first vet visit that we have had. my poor furbaby had some time of infestation in his neck the size of a gulf ball if not bigger. and then the last time he was drooling profusely and wouldn't eat nothing. drank liquids though....but he had some gland that helps prduce something that wasw giving out and they thought it was kidney failure or something. but it was not that. it was something else. so i completely understand your situation and everything that's worrying you. they told me my little boofacewasn't gonna live and they would keep him over night and wham he was back to being good old stichy (from lelo and stich) they next morning....he's a trooper.  i hope they figure out what wrong with your four legged baby!

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I just caught her. It is 9:19 and her vet opens at 10 and do walk ins. I am getting my two year old ready and we are going to be the first ones there. She isn't acting like she is in pain.

Quoting forsakenjewl24:

any news?

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

update?

turtle07
by Rhiannon on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM
They are keeping her over night. They are thinking liver failure but won't know for sure until blood work comes back. The partial blood work report shows she is low on rbc. They also did a X-ray and there is no blockage. If it is liver failure they said there isn't much we can do but keep her comfortable and give her anti nausea meds :( they said it could possible be a bacterial infection too so they started her on a Iv antibiotic

Quoting kansasmom1978:

update?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I had a cat who went into liver failure. She was so sick. We had to put her down. ;(

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

They are keeping her over night. They are thinking liver failure but won't know for sure until blood work comes back. The partial blood work report shows she is low on rbc. They also did a X-ray and there is no blockage. If it is liver failure they said there isn't much we can do but keep her comfortable and give her anti nausea meds :( they said it could possible be a bacterial infection too so they started her on a Iv antibiotic

Quoting kansasmom1978:

update?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)