Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my dog is going to die tonight if we dont get her to a vet =(

All day long my dog has not acted right. She has been hiding and just laying around. Well tonight has been no different but just a few minutes ago she walked into the hallway and was gagging and puked. She then immediately went outside. I went to clean up the puke (first time she has puked all day) and there are several spots of bright red blood in it, and the rest is a brownish watery color (no dog food but she hasnt really ate today). I think we should take her to the emergency vet but I can not get her to come inside. =( Does anyone know what could be wrong? Are there any illnesses that dogs typically puke blood? I really hope she doesnt die outside tonight. I have always heard animals go and hide when they know they are dying.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (51-53):
Linds2Horse
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

They are keeping her over night. They are thinking liver failure but won't know for sure until blood work comes back. The partial blood work report shows she is low on rbc. They also did a X-ray and there is no blockage. If it is liver failure they said there isn't much we can do but keep her comfortable and give her anti nausea meds :( they said it could possible be a bacterial infection too so they started her on a Iv antibiotic

Quoting kansasmom1978:

update?

A blocked cecum won't always show in xrays because it's easily hidden behind the stomach and abdominal fat. Just something to think about if your vet is able to rule out liver failure.

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM
:( they didn't think she was even going to make it to a year old because of health issues and now she is almost 7. She only has a partial stomache and intestines, one kidney, and is so skinny from not being able to process the nutrition because of these issues. I have been thru so much with her I don't want to see her go but know deep down I will have to put her down if she begins to suffer :(

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I had a cat who went into liver failure. She was so sick. We had to put her down. ;(

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

They are keeping her over night. They are thinking liver failure but won't know for sure until blood work comes back. The partial blood work report shows she is low on rbc. They also did a X-ray and there is no blockage. If it is liver failure they said there isn't much we can do but keep her comfortable and give her anti nausea meds :( they said it could possible be a bacterial infection too so they started her on a Iv antibiotic

Quoting kansasmom1978:

update?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

At least this life she has had, had You in it!

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

:( they didn't think she was even going to make it to a year old because of health issues and now she is almost 7. She only has a partial stomache and intestines, one kidney, and is so skinny from not being able to process the nutrition because of these issues. I have been thru so much with her I don't want to see her go but know deep down I will have to put her down if she begins to suffer :(

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I had a cat who went into liver failure. She was so sick. We had to put her down. ;(

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

update?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN