Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am a horrible mom and so was my mother.

Posted by   + Show Post
I was just told this today because my kids know that Santa clause is not real. They have always known. All three of them, even my four year old, will tell you mommy and daddy are Santa clause. My in laws went off on me for this. They asked me which present from them they should mark from Santa. I told them they could any of them but that my kids will know it really wasnt from him. I explained to them that my mom told me and my siblings from the beginning that Santa wasnt real and we turned out fine. They said, oh so thats your problem. No wonder why you turned out this way and now your doing it to your kids. Oh I was livid and just hung up the phone. My in laws are suppose to spend Christmas here but I dont know if I can remain civil after that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

my dh's familly know how we feel about that dont really push the issue.my  familly understands also

wyldebtrfly
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Your kids, your choice. That's how parenting works.

amyleigh80
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I would say...."guess what? did my children come out of your vagina? no? ok then.....shut the eff up! they will be raised how I see fit.  They are not going to die just because I chose for them not to belive in Santa!".

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I am glad my kids still believe. It is fun. My 10 yr old ds still believes and that's okay with me.

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM
"Clause "?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spotsmom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Over Santa clause? Jeez, some people are just completely illogical.

Aurora-Dove
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM

LOL What dipshits...My SD 7 knows santa isn't real. Not because we told her but because she knows how to think logically lol. She told her mom that She knows that Santa isn't real but she didn't want to say anything because it might hurt her dad's (My SO) feelings because he still believes haha. Kids are not stupid they just entertain the ideas that we put there lol. I remember knowing at like 5 that santa couldn't possibly real but still let my mom go about her yearly rituals of santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny, etc. because it was tradition.

QueenBee107
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I am sorry. what a load of crap from the inlaws. 

stykir
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

in my opinion, it doesn't matter what you choose to believe, that's what your family believes. as long as you also teach the kids to not tease other kids who DO believe, it's fine.

i almost went that route but then i realized i really did have fun as a kid believing in santa, so i have started it with my kids. what your inlaws said is really pretty rude. not everyone lives life the same way, i hate when people aren't very accepting of other views.

MsDenuninani
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I understand their disappointment -- I was raised a Santa believer, and will raise my children that way too.

But they are being ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN