Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Job

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I just got offered a job at a local hospital.  I was a stay at home mom to my 3 girls.  I start on Monday.  It is not full time, but at least 3 days a week.  I am a little nervous because it is going to be tough work - pediatric and neonatal intensive care unit.  I mean I will be fine but I have been home so long.  

Now I need to find childcare for my kids, but I was thinking since they play tennis, I should find a tennis coach instead of a nanny so that they can continue with tennis when I am not around. I was their main tennis coach.  

I am nervous about that too.  How do I know I have found the right person. These days there are so many stories about girls getting molested by male coaches.  Female coaches can do the same thing too though.  

Even if I do background checks and live scan, I still don't know what I am getting right?  Any ideas or tips on how to hire a quality individual.  My girls are 13, 12 and 8.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tennismom360
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM

BUMP

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I don't know that you can ever be 100% sure of what/who you are getting. You have to trust your instincts and your kid's opinions. Good luck to you and congratulations on your new job. You'll do great!

Tennismom360
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Wow that's such a scary thought. A prominent French coach just got sentenced to 8 years in prison for raping two girls aged 13 and 12. And during his trial 20 others came forward to tell their story.

Makes me so sad!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN