Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Has anyone ever lived separately from their spouses? I am seriously considering moving with my children back to my home town to help out my dad. If anyone has how did your relationship handle it, how did your children handle it? We are still discussing it at this point but would just like to here other people's opinions/ stories. Would you ever consider living some where without your dh/so?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (41-46):
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I have been doing it for a while.
He deployed for 14 months, and found out while he was gone that one of our children has some serious medical problems, the medical care is better where my family is. So he stays on his base and I am up here.
Our marriage does not suffer. He calls the kids and Skypes with us daily.
I just spent a week with him for thanksgiving and am taking the kids down for 15 days at Christmas.
We make it work. We love each other to much to not make it work.
afwifeandmommy3
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Yes on multiple occasions because I'm a military spouse we have gone 6 weeks, 4 months , 6 months and a yr. you Skype and talk on the phone . The kids will adjust they always do .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

No, I haven't ever considered it.  I've got a really short attention span...out of sight out of mind...LOL!

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM
No I could never do it and nor would we ever want too. It would be impossible for our relationship and our 4 kids.
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Other than deployments, we have never lived apart. That would not be ok for us, but if you can make it work, good for you. Good luck

imuney
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM

When it comes to relationahips the 2 people in it are the ONLY ones who determine what does or doesnt happen. Sure some couples have not survived separation,but many others have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)