Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Creative mamas please help!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband and I just found out yesterday we are pregnant. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
We had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and so this is very special to us. We want to celebrate! Our family was also very hurt by the loss of our baby and we want to make reveling the good news fun and creative. I was thinking of a Christmas picture that tells everyone we are expecting. But I'm drawing a blank after that. We need to get it done in the next week so we are able to send them out.
Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acaisha
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM
20 moms liked this

Honestly.. if you just had a miscarriage and your only four weeks.. I would wait to tell people until after 12 weeks JIC.. rather then putting them through the loss again if you happened to miscarry again.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

is there snow where u r at? make a snow baby and take a family picture

or get a large (or goto) a large manger scene with you all around the baby jesus in the manger

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Sadly we don't get snow in Mississippi

Quoting FooLynRoo:

or get a large (or goto) a large manger scene with you all around the baby jesus in the manger

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Have you gone to the doctors yet? I only ask because after one of my miscarriages I had positive tests for about six weeks after my miscarriage...the timing is kind of off for you to be pregnant again...

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I thought about that as well. We might just not mail them out and just give them out Christmas day.

Quoting acaisha:

Honestly.. if you just had a miscarriage and your only four weeks.. I would wait to tell people until after 12 weeks JIC.. rather then putting them through the loss again if you happened to miscarry again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I followed Dr orders and have taken a bunch of test. All came up negative after 12 days. So two weeks later I tested again and its positive on 3 test

Quoting spooky415:

Have you gone to the doctors yet? I only ask because after one of my miscarriages I had positive tests for about six weeks after my miscarriage...the timing is kind of off for you to be pregnant again...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM

then what are your children sitting in in the truck?

get to ice making and shredding!

you have a snow baby to make.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

spooky415
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

How long did your doctor tell you to abstain from having sex after your miscarriage?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I followed Dr orders and have taken a bunch of test. All came up negative after 12 days. So two weeks later I tested again and its positive on 3 test

Quoting spooky415:

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
5 moms liked this

I am SO confused right now.

Im going to go eat some cheeze its.

It helps me think

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
That picture is like 3 years old. We got some good sleet that year and we piled some up in hubby's truck lol but that is a cute idea.

I was also thinking about taking a family picture in front of the tree and everyone having a ornament with their names on it and mine say.mommy &baby

Quoting FooLynRoo:

then what are your children sitting in in the truck?

get to ice making and shredding!

you have a snow baby to make.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)