Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband and I just found out yesterday we are pregnant. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
We had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and so this is very special to us. We want to celebrate! Our family was also very hurt by the loss of our baby and we want to make reveling the good news fun and creative. I was thinking of a Christmas picture that tells everyone we are expecting. But I'm drawing a blank after that. We need to get it done in the next week so we are able to send them out.
Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Dr didn't say.

We had sex the day after bleeding stopped and nearly every day after.

The way I figure it is:
miscarriage started Oct. 31/Nov 1st
It lasted about 6-7 days which is the length of my period.
As I was only about 4 weeks along I assume that.my body took it as a period because it came at the same time my period was due.
I got a negative on the 12th and ovulated on 14-15
I could have tested on the 30th but I couldn't wait and tested yesterday and got a pregnant on a digital and 3 faint positives on dollar store tests.

Quoting spooky415:

How long did your doctor tell you to abstain from having sex after your miscarriage?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I followed Dr orders and have taken a bunch of test. All came up negative after 12 days. So two weeks later I tested again and its positive on 3 test

Quoting spooky415:

Have you gone to the doctors yet? I only ask because after one of my miscarriages I had positive tests for about six weeks after my miscarriage...the timing is kind of off for you to be pregnant again...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I agree.

Quoting acaisha:

Honestly.. if you just had a miscarriage and your only four weeks.. I would wait to tell people until after 12 weeks JIC.. rather then putting them through the loss again if you happened to miscarry again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
That's really strange that your doctor didn't tell you to abstain for at least a week after a miscarriage. you're more vulnerable to infection because your cervix is softer and you're slightly dialated.

I've had several miscarriages and with every one i was told to abstain from sex for several weeks and wait for a full cycle before ttc again.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Dr didn't say.

The way I figure it is:

As I was only about 4 weeks along I assume that.my body took it as a period because it came at the same time my period was due.

I could have tested on the 30th but I couldn't wait and tested yesterday and got a pregnant on a digital and 3 faint positives on dollar store tests.

Quoting spooky415:

How long did your doctor tell you to abstain from having sex after your miscarriage?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I followed Dr orders and have taken a bunch of test. All came up negative after 12 days. So two weeks later I tested again and its positive on 3 test

Quoting spooky415:

Have you gone to the doctors yet? I only ask because after one of my miscarriages I had positive tests for about six weeks after my miscarriage...the timing is kind of off for you to be pregnant again...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toxic.Stardust
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I think you should wait until christmas day to announce it. I announced my pregnancy through christmas cards last year. I signed them "merry christmas from me, dh, dd, and baby number two (coming july 2012)"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessicaRee
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
After my blighted ovum i was sacred to tell anyone i was pregnant again because i was terrified something would happen. We didn't tell anyone until after the first trimester.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
That's a cute idea!

We always take a Christmas picture and give it out as a gift of sorts to the family. I was thinking this year we would take a picture in front of the tree and everyone have an ornament with their name on it and I could write mommy and baby on mine or hold a second one saying baby and due date on it

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

I think you should wait until christmas day to announce it. I announced my pregnancy through christmas cards last year. I signed them "merry christmas from me, dh, dd, and baby number two (coming july 2012)"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyleigh80
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Take a picture with everyone pointing at your belly and see if your family and friends can figure it out.

Or you could have the front of the card say "Coming in 2013", and then when you open the card have the pick with everyone pointing at your belly and you in the middle with your hands up in a "who knows" pose and then photoshop the words boy? and girl? and place the word in each of your hands.

mrsbrand
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Dh and I conceived immediately after a mc as well and I am now 7 1/2 weeks and things look great so don't stress it. We did a poem and a photo of our daughter in a big sister shirt and sent it out. GL and congrats :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Omg no I wasn't told any of that. I was aware of infection, but I did some online research afterwards and found out that its safer to have a baby asap after a miscarriage and there is no medical reason to wait. Your odds are better on concieving and the baby sticking the faster you get pregnant after a miscarriage.

Quoting spooky415:

That's really strange that your doctor didn't tell you to abstain for at least a week after a miscarriage. you're more vulnerable to infection because your cervix is softer and you're slightly dialated.

I've had several miscarriages and with every one i was told to abstain from sex for several weeks and wait for a full cycle before ttc again.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Dr didn't say.

The way I figure it is:

Quoting spooky415:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting spooky415:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM
That's so cute!

Quoting amyleigh80:

Take a picture with everyone pointing at your belly and see if your family and friends can figure it out.

Or you could have the front of the card say "Coming in 2013", and then when you open the card have the pick with everyone pointing at your belly and you in the middle with your hands up in a "who knows" pose and then photoshop the words boy? and girl? and place the word in each of your hands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)