Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband and I just found out yesterday we are pregnant. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
We had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and so this is very special to us. We want to celebrate! Our family was also very hurt by the loss of our baby and we want to make reveling the good news fun and creative. I was thinking of a Christmas picture that tells everyone we are expecting. But I'm drawing a blank after that. We need to get it done in the next week so we are able to send them out.
Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM
How far along were you when you miscarried? And how many weeks did it take to get pregnant again?
If you don't mind me asking. I'm actually very nervous.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Dh and I conceived immediately after a mc as well and I am now 7 1/2 weeks and things look great so don't stress it. We did a poem and a photo of our daughter in a big sister shirt and sent it out. GL and congrats :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaRee
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I want some Cheez its!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I am SO confused right now.

Im going to go eat some cheeze its.

It helps me think

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Maybe it depends on the cause of miscarriage.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Omg no I wasn't told any of that. I was aware of infection, but I did some online research afterwards and found out that its safer to have a baby asap after a miscarriage and there is no medical reason to wait. Your odds are better on concieving and the baby sticking the faster you get pregnant after a miscarriage.

Quoting spooky415:

That's really strange that your doctor didn't tell you to abstain for at least a week after a miscarriage. you're more vulnerable to infection because your cervix is softer and you're slightly dialated.

I've had several miscarriages and with every one i was told to abstain from sex for several weeks and wait for a full cycle before ttc again.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Dr didn't say.

We had sex the day after bleeding stopped and nearly every day after.

The way I figure it is:

miscarriage started Oct. 31/Nov 1st

It lasted about 6-7 days which is the length of my period.

As I was only about 4 weeks along I assume that.my body took it as a period because it came at the same time my period was due.

I got a negative on the 12th and ovulated on 14-15

I could have tested on the 30th but I couldn't wait and tested yesterday and got a pregnant on a digital and 3 faint positives on dollar store tests.

Quoting spooky415:

How long did your doctor tell you to abstain from having sex after your miscarriage?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I followed Dr orders and have taken a bunch of test. All came up negative after 12 days. So two weeks later I tested again and its positive on 3 test

Quoting spooky415:

Have you gone to the doctors yet? I only ask because after one of my miscarriages I had positive tests for about six weeks after my miscarriage...the timing is kind of off for you to be pregnant again...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I think I had been stuck at 4 weeks pregnant for a while. When I went to the Dr all they saw was a tiny sac. And the next day it was gone. They suggested that maybe it had just stopped progressing and my body was taking its time.

Quoting spooky415:

Maybe it depends on the cause of miscarriage.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Omg no I wasn't told any of that. I was aware of infection, but I did some online research afterwards and found out that its safer to have a baby asap after a miscarriage and there is no medical reason to wait. Your odds are better on concieving and the baby sticking the faster you get pregnant after a miscarriage.

Quoting spooky415:

That's really strange that your doctor didn't tell you to abstain for at least a week after a miscarriage. you're more vulnerable to infection because your cervix is softer and you're slightly dialated.

I've had several miscarriages and with every one i was told to abstain from sex for several weeks and wait for a full cycle before ttc again.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Dr didn't say.

We had sex the day after bleeding stopped and nearly every day after.

The way I figure it is:

miscarriage started Oct. 31/Nov 1st

It lasted about 6-7 days which is the length of my period.

As I was only about 4 weeks along I assume that.my body took it as a period because it came at the same time my period was due.

I got a negative on the 12th and ovulated on 14-15

I could have tested on the 30th but I couldn't wait and tested yesterday and got a pregnant on a digital and 3 faint positives on dollar store tests.

Quoting spooky415:

How long did your doctor tell you to abstain from having sex after your miscarriage?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I followed Dr orders and have taken a bunch of test. All came up negative after 12 days. So two weeks later I tested again and its positive on 3 test

Quoting spooky415:

Have you gone to the doctors yet? I only ask because after one of my miscarriages I had positive tests for about six weeks after my miscarriage...the timing is kind of off for you to be pregnant again...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM
3 1/2 weeks. I bled for about 5 days (periods are normally 3 for me) and ovulated about a week after, we caught that egg and are due in July. I don't mind your questions, I understand being nervous.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

How far along were you when you miscarried? And how many weeks did it take to get pregnant again?

Quoting mrsbrand:

Dh and I conceived immediately after a mc as well and I am now 7 1/2 weeks and things look great so don't stress it. We did a poem and a photo of our daughter in a big sister shirt and sent it out. GL and congrats :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I can possibly be pregnant this soon. The.miscarriage was the 1st of.November.
I got a negative on the 12th
And a positive yesterday.

Quoting mrsbrand:

3 1/2 weeks. I bled for about 5 days (periods are normally 3 for me) and ovulated about a week after, we caught that egg and are due in July. I don't mind your questions, I understand being nervous.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I accidentally removed my fertility friend app and lost my charts so Icant remember exact dates of ovulation and the implantation dip. My doc used the first day of my mc as my lmp and that was october 6th. I had bfps on the 5th and 6th, then Istarted bleeding and got a negative on the 10th. I stopped bleeding the 11th and we resumed our regular sex life and I got a bfp on the 8th of november. Its crazy and scary but its totally possible.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I can possibly be pregnant this soon. The.miscarriage was the 1st of.November.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting mrsbrand:

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Quoting acaisha:

Honestly.. if you just had a miscarriage and your only four weeks.. I would wait to tell people until after 12 weeks JIC.. rather then putting them through the loss again if you happened to miscarry again.

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Wow that sounds right. I considered the MC my first day of a period because it came when af was due.

Quoting mrsbrand:

I accidentally removed my fertility friend app and lost my charts so Icant remember exact dates of ovulation and the implantation dip. My doc used the first day of my mc as my lmp and that was october 6th. I had bfps on the 5th and 6th, then Istarted bleeding and got a negative on the 10th. I stopped bleeding the 11th and we resumed our regular sex life and I got a bfp on the 8th of november. Its crazy and scary but its totally possible.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Yeah af was due october 10th, but I started bleeding before that and that was the day I got the negative.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Wow that sounds right. I considered the MC my first day of a period because it came when af was due.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN