Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband and I just found out yesterday we are pregnant. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
We had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and so this is very special to us. We want to celebrate! Our family was also very hurt by the loss of our baby and we want to make reveling the good news fun and creative. I was thinking of a Christmas picture that tells everyone we are expecting. But I'm drawing a blank after that. We need to get it done in the next week so we are able to send them out.
Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
MrsRi
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Congrats!

However, I'd wait until you were at least 12 weeks.  Try to wait until the new year and do a cool 'New Year/New Addition to our family' type announcement.

Good luck!!

Here were some of my favourites :)

also check out:

www.reddit.com/r/babybump there's a TON of amazing and creative ones on there :)

ktwister
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

From someone who has had miscarriages in the past, I would wait.

I know you are excited to tell everyone.  I'm not saying you are doomed to have another miscarriage.

Due9
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Maybe I have the wrong person here, but didn't you say the last pregnancy was an accident and you were worried because you two don't have any money to raise another child? And also you and your dh fight alot? I don't know...maybe I have my people mixed up, but I surely hope this isn't the case for you

SnoBuny
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Quoting BraydensMama163:

It would be cute to take cupcakes on Christmas with Christmas decorations on top and then put oink and blue cake in the middle so when they bite into them they can see pink and blue. I would imagine people would ask why there was pink and blue inside!
Or you could make up a really cute christmas story and reveal it within the story! The gift you received was a positive test!

mamalusbear
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM

We got my Dad a mug that said "Grandpa again".  The whole family was there so it was a cute way to tell everyone :)

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Well my dh and I do argue alot. We both have hot Irish tempers but what couple doesn't argue?
And no we are perfectly able to raise another child. We live on a tight budget but again who doesn't right now? The baby we lost was wanted. And it came with great sadness when we lost it.
While we weren't trying to have a baby it certainly was a surprise. I just wish it would have worked out better.

Quoting Due9:

Maybe I have the wrong person here, but didn't you say the last pregnancy was an accident and you were worried because you two don't have any money to raise another child? And also you and your dh fight alot? I don't know...maybe I have my people mixed up, but I surely hope this isn't the case for you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Put your other kids in big brother/sister shirts 

luvtohunt
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Sorry momma, i noticed a lot of people giving you crap about waiting until its safe to tell people. I think every baby should be celebrated, even if you end update miscarrying again. I have had 13 miscarriages and each one of those i couldnt wait to tell everyone. Im glad i didnt too. Its nice to have support if something goes wrong and to not tell people makes it feel shameful. Do what you think is right and dont let people bully you about it. I am now 23 weeks pregnant with a baby boy after all of those.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Take a picture pointed at your faimly's feet, just showing their shoes, then sit a pair of baby booties on the end with a small card that says arriving 2013
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your losses. That must be horrible.

Quoting luvtohunt:

Sorry momma, i noticed a lot of people giving you crap about waiting until its safe to tell people. I think every baby should be celebrated, even if you end update miscarrying again. I have had 13 miscarriages and each one of those i couldnt wait to tell everyone. Im glad i didnt too. Its nice to have support if something goes wrong and to not tell people makes it feel shameful. Do what you think is right and dont let people bully you about it. I am now 23 weeks pregnant with a baby boy after all of those.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN