Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband and I just found out yesterday we are pregnant. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
We had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and so this is very special to us. We want to celebrate! Our family was also very hurt by the loss of our baby and we want to make reveling the good news fun and creative. I was thinking of a Christmas picture that tells everyone we are expecting. But I'm drawing a blank after that. We need to get it done in the next week so we are able to send them out.
Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
Due9
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I never would think the baby that was lost was not wanted, but it was not planned and I think you showed some worry that you were pregnant because of financial reasons..and because you argue alot with your dh. I do hope the best for you and the baby.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Well my dh and I do argue alot. We both have hot Irish tempers but what couple doesn't argue?
And no we are perfectly able to raise another child. We live on a tight budget but again who doesn't right now? The baby we lost was wanted. And it came with great sadness when we lost it.
While we weren't trying to have a baby it certainly was a surprise. I just wish it would have worked out better.

Quoting Due9:

Maybe I have the wrong person here, but didn't you say the last pregnancy was an accident and you were worried because you two don't have any money to raise another child? And also you and your dh fight alot? I don't know...maybe I have my people mixed up, but I surely hope this isn't the case for you

juggling

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Maybe it was because of our shitty insurance? I'm not sure but I wasn't worried about dh and I fighting. We usually will just smart off and then cuddle. We are weird like that. And maybe your mixing me up with someone else or possibly when you read the post there was a few women who blew up and blew things way out of proportion. Maybe you remember their comments.
But I assure ya that we can afford a baby and we are both beyond thrilled. And dh knows Im likely to go bat shit crazy lol. He's ok with it.
He's even nicknamed the baby seamus haha

Quoting Due9:

I never would think the baby that was lost was not wanted, but it was not planned and I think you showed some worry that you were pregnant because of financial reasons..and because you argue alot with your dh. I do hope the best for you and the baby.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Well my dh and I do argue alot. We both have hot Irish tempers but what couple doesn't argue?

And no we are perfectly able to raise another child. We live on a tight budget but again who doesn't right now? The baby we lost was wanted. And it came with great sadness when we lost it.

While we weren't trying to have a baby it certainly was a surprise. I just wish it would have worked out better.

Quoting Due9:

Maybe I have the wrong person here, but didn't you say the last pregnancy was an accident and you were worried because you two don't have any money to raise another child? And also you and your dh fight alot? I don't know...maybe I have my people mixed up, but I surely hope this isn't the case for you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM

a baby blanket with a bow on it. with a rattle and bottle by it. but beware of telling to soon. I had a miscarriage and didn't announce the next one till miscarriage phase was over. that was just me though. and congrats.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I would wait. Just to make sure that it's going to happen. Otherwise you will be getting your hopes and dreams up.... and theirs as well. Good luck.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM

How about pictures of Christmas Stockings hung up.   Do your stocking have names on them?   If so, buy one for baby to be....Baby's 1st Christmas 2013.

NatashaOlivia
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I wouldn't reveal it until at least 12 months, especially with how much the miscarriage hurt your family before. Leave it a little longer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I would wait until you are 12+ weeks before mentioning it to family/friends. Good luck!

BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM
You mean 12 weeks? Lol I was reading it and like damn how am I suppose to keep a 1 year old hidden

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

I wouldn't reveal it until at least 12 months, especially with how much the miscarriage hurt your family before. Leave it a little longer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.N._Guin
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM
A friend of mine did the cutest reveal pictures!!

She got everyone together for a big family picture. Took the photo, and then made the announcement. The photographer more to take another photo just after to capture everyone's reaction.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM
My family would probably look at me like wtf lol my aunt is against anyone having.more than 2 kids because hers are bad and she thinks everyone else's are bad.

Quoting P.N._Guin:

A friend of mine did the cutest reveal pictures!!

She got everyone together for a big family picture. Took the photo, and then made the announcement. The photographer more to take another photo just after to capture everyone's reaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN