Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband and I just found out yesterday we are pregnant. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
We had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and so this is very special to us. We want to celebrate! Our family was also very hurt by the loss of our baby and we want to make reveling the good news fun and creative. I was thinking of a Christmas picture that tells everyone we are expecting. But I'm drawing a blank after that. We need to get it done in the next week so we are able to send them out.
Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (51-60):
bchic24
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I saw this cute idea where they had their other kids stood in front of a chalk board with speech bubbles. The first image was them saying hey guess what? Then in the next image it said I'm going to be a big brother/ big sister! Then the last image was them holding the sonogram or something else symbolising the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NatashaOlivia
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Lol! My bad.... Pregnancy induced insomnia does crazy shit to you.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

You mean 12 weeks? Lol I was reading it and like damn how am I suppose to keep a 1 year old hidden

Quoting NatashaOlivia:

I wouldn't reveal it until at least 12 months, especially with how much the miscarriage hurt your family before. Leave it a little longer
P.N._Guin
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Aww :( we didn't do anything too cute. My MIL is set on me popping out 5 or 6 like her! Lol

Congrats on the new baby, though, and good luck!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

My family would probably look at me like wtf lol my aunt is against anyone having.more than 2 kids because hers are bad and she thinks everyone else's are bad.

Quoting P.N._Guin:

A friend of mine did the cutest reveal pictures!!

She got everyone together for a big family picture. Took the photo, and then made the announcement. The photographer more to take another photo just after to capture everyone's reaction.
flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Are you gonna wait until after the first trimester to tell them?

cjsix
by faith on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM

What about a box wrapped and topped with a blue and pink ribbon with a tag that says special gift for Christas or something simular.

MommyKir
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Make a greeting card. with your pictures on and on the inside it says "and the legacy continues" with a little baby carriage pinart... :-) I did that and people loved it! perhaps make it your x-mas card and end it with a merry christmas.

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I wanted to tell everyone Christmas day. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Are you gonna wait until after the first trimester to tell them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats.. You will find the best way to announce the baby!

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just photoshop the picture so you looked heavily pregnant (and all belly) with no other obvious hints, then sit back and see how long it took people to notice and question it.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

my thoughts exactly.

Quoting acaisha:

Honestly.. if you just had a miscarriage and your only four weeks.. I would wait to tell people until after 12 weeks JIC.. rather then putting them through the loss again if you happened to miscarry again.

Carson Lenox

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)