Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how to celebrate summer birthdays

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
Seeing another CM post made me think. How you celebrate your kids birthdays if in the summer? DD's birthday is June 30. And she is in 1st so I would like to invite some of the girls she hangs with.

So should I do an early school bday party and then just the normal one with my family in June? (We mostly just go to the pool or doable lil lunch with my aunt for their bdays)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

We give a save the date card in school in june (they get out end of june) and let them know her B-day is in august and to pretty much call me if they can come to her B-day then I send out the regular invites.  Her B-day is in august a few weeks before school starts up again.   We do her parties in the playground. Its free and if no one shows up there is always the kids already playing there  lol

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Actually now that I think about it. They are getting out of school like 3 weeks before her bday. So I could just send out invites before school ends. Even more so since I will be doing her parry with me the weekend before the 30th. So this year it will work out!!

And definitely will be at a park unless its hot like this past summer. Which then I may do an evening one. And for her actual bday I will just take her out for supper when she gets home from her dad's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN