Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stop smoking success stories!! Please share yours!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 60 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have quit a thousand times, but today I am determined to quit and stay that way. The first day is always the hardest. I am currently wearing the patch, and have my copy of The easy way to quit smoking by Allen Carr at arms length, for a reminder of why smoking is stupid and pointless.  I was wondering if some of you ladies would like to share your story of quitting, and how you kept it up.  I could use some motivational stories!   =) 

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM

BUMP!

SerenityRose
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant with my first. I was stupid enough to start back up shortly after she was born. Again quit cold turkey as soon as I found out I was pregnant with my second. That was over 3 years ago. 

Not many people like to hear my story .... because it's not much of a story I guess. My kids were and are more important than a cigarette so quitting was a no brainer and fairly easy.

As long as you want to quit :) you can do it! Just keep at it, chew a lot of gum.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I quit when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. Got a positive test, and haven't had a cigarette since then. That was 12/30/06! Good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Its been a bit over two years and I just went cold turkey. Our DD asked us to quit so we did.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I was hypnotized almost 12 years ago. Day after I had this done I've not had one craving since. Definitely worth the $200.00 I spent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sj77504
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never smoked, but when my grandmother was dying of lung cancer that went into her brain my dad quit smoking. He smoked for about 30 years and quit cold turkey. It was tough for a while but he stuck with it and now it has been about 6 years. I am so proud of him. 

CBMMOM
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Find an online quit smoking support group. That's what I did and I have no doubt it helped me. I quit 13 years ago,cold turkey. I had a motto. "Smoking is not an option". No matter what happens in your life,don't use it as an excuse to smoke again. Good luck. : ) 

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I just never bought another pack. You can't smoke if you don't have any. I was irritable but dealt. Give it a week and cravings will decrease
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM
i weaned myself 7 years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yeah, i think my biggest problem is I always make excuses to why I should start smoking again.  But I am realizing how it's a very smoker hating world now, nothing good comes out of it. It empties your wallet, makes you unhealthy, and also, there are jobs here that wont even look at your resume if you dont pass the nicotine test you have to take. A pack of my cigs cost $6.18 now, way to much!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)