Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can I get the ear of Military member, mother or wife here?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 109 Replies

My son usually gets paid twice a month.

I only see whats deposited into his account.

He told me he does have access to see his "paystub" but its online, and he has to be on a military computer or else he doesn't know where or how to do it.

Well he was just paid again for the 1st. it was DOUBLE normal bi monthly amount, 

Did they do this because of the holidays?

Could this be a bonus for the holidays, for getting on a ship or anything else?

Any input would be great ty

UPDATE - thank you for all your help ladies, he did get on to access his LES payments, and last night we sat on the phone and he explained it all to me, the different pays and all the deductions. 

he DID get BAS and BAH pay starting December 1 (the payment was early as usual). He goes to a barracks hopefully today  he has his chit but he was on duty yesterday - and there was confusion about someone supposed to call him etc)

Its strange how they do it - leave it to the goverment to make things super complicated.

butI understand what and how they do it now, feel better. Especially knowing his pay didn't mess up.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this

If he was over paid, i would put the overpayment in savings because if they notice it, he might have 'No Pay Due' coming because they will take it back. 

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

this.

He can also access his pay stub from any computer using mypay site. It should be a .mil site. I always use it to get DH's LES. He should already had it set up when he joined. might just have to do a username and password set up which he can do from any computer. 

Quoting missamanda86:

If he was over paid, i would put the overpayment in savings because if they notice it, he might have 'No Pay Due' coming because they will take it back. 

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

So you think its a mistake? That happens?

Quoting missamanda86:

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

yea he mentioned mypay okay ill see if i can get a hold of him so i can log on and try to figure this out.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

this.

He can also access his pay stub from any computer using mypay site. It should be a .mil site. I always use it to get DH's LES. He should already had it set up when he joined. might just have to do a username and password set up which he can do from any computer. 

Quoting missamanda86:

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Yes they do make mistakes. They will also hold his future pay to "fix" the mistake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Yeah. if it is an overpay, tell him put that in savings and don't touch it! Because he won't get a paycheck on the 15th or if they are nice they will pull the money owed out slowly over the next year.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

yea he mentioned mypay okay ill see if i can get a hold of him so i can log on and try to figure this out.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

this.

Quoting missamanda86:

missamanda86
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:59 PM

More often than you think! If Im correct, opnce a service members pay is set its the same everytime until s/he gets pro/demoted

Quoting FooLynRoo:

So you think its a mistake? That happens?

Quoting missamanda86:

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
But sometimes my husband got a uniform check...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Okay cool. Ill let him know its proably a mistake LOL

missamanda86
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Just thought of something, is it the exact same ammount  as his first check? Because once a year my husband gets a clothing allowance check (like $400 I think) but either way, I would sit on it for a month or two because they most likely will realize if its a mistake

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Okay cool. Ill let him know its proably a mistake LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)