Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you got married fast....

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 43 Replies
If you and your DH got married fast, were you friends first?

How long did it take to make the leap from friends to forever?

What made you know he was The One?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I met my husband on May 9, 1992 and we were married on April 3, 1993.  He was the one and still is!

jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM

We knew each other for 7 years before we got married.  Then together for less than a year.  Been together for 10 years.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

lightoftheworld
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM
After being friends for so long, what made you decide to start dating?

Quoting jillbailey26:

We knew each other for 7 years before we got married.  Then together for less than a year.  Been together for 10 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I was moving from Florida to Atlanta and I guess he decided he couldn't live without me, lol.  We'd spent some time before I left though.  I honestly don't know, it just clicked.

Quoting lightoftheworld:

After being friends for so long, what made you decide to start dating?

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

My husband and I were married 5 months after our first date which was also the first time we'd met in person.I just knew in my heart that he was The One.

mmyof2armywife
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Didn't give it time to be anything... We're going through a divorce a year later.

RockstarsMoM08
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM
We met in 2002 but it was in passing. We became friends may 2003, started dating june 2003, and were married feb 2004! We'll be married 9 years this feb and we still act like newley weds! Our friends say we act like we've just fell in love!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We were co-workers first for a month before we started dating (if that long).

I knew she was the one because my gut told me so. I just knew it when I saw her.

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM

We didn't marry fast, but I got pregnant a month after meeting him, and we weren't even still seeing each other at the time. He started out as a couple night stand. I moved in with him after the baby was born and we got married 5 years later.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM
We started dating August 1988, got engaged 4 months later and married in 1990. I don't know what made me think he was the one, I just knew it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)