Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anybody know anything about washers?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
My washer is a couple years old and a few weeks ago it started filling up then stopping and I have to turn the dial all the way around and to the same spot it starts again then finally spins then it refills stops I have to turn the dial all the way around it starts again and finally finishes. It then stopped and started acting right and doing the whole cycle but now... It's doing it again I literally have to watch every load. It's no longer under warranty it's a maytag if that matters. Anybody know what's wrong? Is it cheaper to buy a new washer or get a repair man out here?? Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM

It sounds like a sensor of some kind is going bad.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I know nothing about washers but I really hate to pay someone to come out if it'll be cheaper in the long run to get a new washer.... :(

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Shop around with different repair companies.  Find one that will come out, but won't charge you unless they fix something.  Ask them if they do it or a free estimate.

Quoting Justine1123:

I know nothing about washers but I really hate to pay someone to come out if it'll be cheaper in the long run to get a new washer.... :(

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Kinda sounds like the timer is off.

Actually I have a front loader that one time would fill up and stop and it wouldn't spin because there was a filter that was.clogged up. Cost $50 to get it repaired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Good idea. I'll see what I can find. Maybe I can get an idea of the problem just describing it over the phone to. Thanks.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Shop around with different repair companies.  Find one that will come out, but won't charge you unless they fix something.  Ask them if they do it or a free estimate.

Quoting Justine1123:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM
This is a top loader and I know zero about it.... I'm gonna call around next week.

Quoting momof4bzN2gz:

Kinda sounds like the timer is off.

Actually I have a front loader that one time would fill up and stop and it wouldn't spin because there was a filter that was.clogged up. Cost $50 to get it repaired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN