Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It has been almost 2 weeks sence the kids and I have moved out of my EX's place and he has not attempted to see the kids or even asked to see the kids. He will send a text to my son but thats about it. I see the pain in there eyes when they realize that their father walked out of their lives.I do my best to help them through this and hope that one day i can make the pain go away but i know i cant. Neither one of my kids will listen to me i will spank their butts put them in time out and nothing helps. Even my parents have been trying and still nothing. They have so much anger towards me and i'm not the one that broke up this family he is. I told me son that i wish his dad would see him but he wont return my text or calls because he is mad at me for something i had nothing to do with. Sometimes i wonder if maybe i put them up for adoption and they got put in to a two parent home they would be better off. But then just thinking that makes me feel like a horrible mom. I love my kids more than anything in the world and they are all i have left in the world. But the anger i feel from them and the hatred i feel breaks my heart and makes me cry. I dont know what to do anymore. I'm pretty much at my witts end right now. Any advice??

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM
They are acting out because they are grieving and you are "safe"... They know you love them and they can let their feelings out at you and you won't leave.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Remind them you both love them very much and hes really busy let them call him if thry want:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
My oldest is 8 and my youngest will be 3 on new years eve

Quoting deloit:

it will be a long hard road but you and them will make it.they are sort of grieving in a way as im sure you are.just take it one day at a time.how old are they?

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM
The kids can't call him. He has a pay as you go phone and asked that the kids don't call him. But he will text my son every once in awhile.

Quoting zanderNerynMOM:

Love them. They dont know whats going on between you two other than dad isn't there. It is their way of dealing with the pain is acting out towards you. Talk about it with both of them. Have your kids call their dad leave voicemails to him. That will help too.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I am calm. Infact since the break up I am the happiest I have ever been. I'm moving on with my life making a bigger and brighter future for me and my kids.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Stop talking to them about it for now and focus on getting them to a place of calm in their new lives.  The chaos seems to be coming from you and in order for them to calm down, you'll need to calm down first!

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I'm looking for an MA job. I just finished school and got my AOSMA and I have been looking for a job for over a year now.

Quoting connie45:

Oh. I hope you secure one soon. What do you do?

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting connie45:

All of you truly would benefit from counseling.

With out a job i cant afford counseling.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM
We are divorced.

Quoting wildlilacs:

I suggest Divorce Care for you and there are classes for kids also. You dont have to be divorce yet to go.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I am constantly telling my son to be a kid and to let me worry about the adult problems. The last thing I want is for him to feel the need to be the man of the house or to grow up before his time.

Quoting Due9:

Don't go into detail explaining to your young son how daddy isn't calling you back or texting, etc...that's not for a child to hear. Just focus on positive things. Don't let them see how stressed, depressed you are. You have to be positive, happy-appearing for them...

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I would NEVER leave my kids. That's what's so harc is I don't understand how any parent can willing to abandone their kids.

Quoting terpmama:

They are acting out because they are grieving and you are "safe"... They know you love them and they can let their feelings out at you and you won't leave.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM
They can't call him cause he has a pay as you go phone and asked that they don't call him. But he will text my son every once in awhile.

Quoting strictmomhere:

Remind them you both love them very much and hes really busy let them call him if thry want:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)