Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need help ASAP.....water breaking question

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:52 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so I am nine months today. Yesterday I went to the doctors and she said I was 2cm dilated. I had been having signs of preterm labor earlier on so they have already given me steroid shots and what not. I've been having mild contractions over the past week or so. A little while ago I went to sit down on my couch and suddenly I felt very wet. To the point where it was on my legs and I had to change my underware. I know this is tmi, bear with me. Now, with my first child, I was induced and the doctor broke my water, so I don't know what its like if it breaks on its own. It wasnt a gush of water or anything. And it felt kinda "thicker" than water. Not like discharge, but not super watery. Could this be my water breaking? Should I call afterhours or just wait till my doctors opens? Anyone else have this issue? Please help. Thanks!

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this
yes call.

that's how mine was. turned out my water had broken and I didn't know it. my son was born 36 hours after it broke and we had to have all kinds of tests......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DonnaPinitonya
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:55 AM

I wouldn't even call, just go to the ER.

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:55 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:56 AM
If you smell it, does it have a smell? If not, it might be your water. It it does, it might just be urine. Can't hurt to call anyway though.
jakesmom323
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:01 AM
It's so hard to tell because it could be your bladder or the water breakage. Mine gushed after a small leak after I would stand up. It smelled like chlorine water in my case. Start counting all contractions and if you have that "mommy sense" to feel like it's time, go with it. You'll know when it's time. Being 40 weeks, Id say its time, dont you think? Good luck!!!!
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:03 AM
not everybody goes into give labor after their water breaks.

I never did. my contractions never got regular. matter of fact they stopped all together and I had to be induced.

Quoting jakesmom323:

It's so hard to tell because it could be your bladder or the water breakage. Mine gushed after a small leak after I would stand up. It smelled like chlorine water in my case. Start counting all contractions and if you have that "mommy sense" to feel like it's time, go with it. You'll know when it's time. Being 40 weeks, Id say its time, dont you think? Good luck!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4puddintaters
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Hope u just went to hospital hun! Every pregnancy is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4puddintaters
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:09 AM
U dffntly dont want a dry birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytime33
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:15 AM

It doesn't smell. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)