Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

you people suck!

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 18 Replies
We live on base and sometimes I really want to beat the maintenance guys. My daughter is sick and its naptime, I put her down and walk outside to grab the mail. They pull up to the house next door and start unloading stuff. I asked what they are doing.

Power washing the freaking house! Right outside Lilly's window. So now my poor baby is miserable, crying and needs a nap but wont get one.

Eta
I get it that they weren't intentionally being douche canoes. I know they have a job to do just like everyone else. The timing, however, totally sucked because Lilly didn't sleep much last night because she was sick and I was really hoping she would get a solid nap in to help her feel better. I'm sorry if I came off like a huge bitch. I was just very frustrated and sad for my dd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

They have  ajob to do. Is there some where else in the house she can take a nap. Maybe turn on a fan or something for white noise

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

They have a job to do and if they went around asking when would be a good time for you, they would never get it done. Suck it up and quit being such a b.

kaygarcia97
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
No because our house is super small, pretty much everywhere you can hear the noise. I tried the fan and it doesn't work. They are now working on our house and its much louder, usually they give us a heads up that they will be around but we didnt get one this time.

Quoting othermom:

They have  ajob to do. Is there some where else in the house she can take a nap. Maybe turn on a fan or something for white noise

kaygarcia97
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I'm just venting because I feel bad for my baby. She slept all of 3 hours last night and she's miserable and I know she needed that nap. I know they have a job to do. I'm not out there calling them names or screaming at them. I don't expect them to work around my schedule at all I was merely upset for my baby.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

They have a job to do and if they went around asking when would be a good time for you, they would never get it done. Suck it up and quit being such a b.

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM

:/ I'm sorry.  That sucks.  It always seems like they come at the worst times.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

WOW...How is she being a b exactly here 

Quoting kansasmom1978:

kaygarcia97
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I know! I mean I understand they have work to do and tons of houses to power wash but jeeze. I remember when I came home from the hospital after having surgery in February they came to do the annual inspection. I was like really, you choose right now when I am vomiting all over myself from the anaesthesia?

Quoting mich.el.le:

:/ I'm sorry.  That sucks.  It always seems like they come at the worst times.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

You don't have to justify your frustration to her ,she seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed and all i can say is she had zero reason to call you a b which left me going *HUH....WTH*

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I'm just venting because I feel bad for my baby. She slept all of 3 hours last night and she's miserable and I know she needed that nap. I know they have a job to do. I'm not out there calling them names or screaming at them. I don't expect them to work around my schedule at all I was merely upset for my baby.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

joeynwillsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Maybe take her out and drive her around in the car and let her sleep. Take a book and park somewhere once she falls asleep, so she can get a good nap in.
LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Ugh I HATED that when we lived in military housing! The lawn maintenance guys would come at the crack of dawn, before sunrise, and start leaf blowing! It would wake both my kids up and we'd all be grouchy. They'd usually come around to mow the lawns right after the kids would go down for naps too. I know exactly how you feel! I'm sorry and I hope your baby can get some rest!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)