Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was talking to an acquaintence of mine over the phone the other day.

We discussed our work status, her and her husband work full time out of the home. I told her i'm a sahm.

She was telling me how she wished she could be a sahm but how she wouldn't feel right because sahm are like prostitues.

She said, "if you think about it, women stay home to have sex with their husbands and since they don't have jobs and their husbands pay for everything, it's like their husbands pay to have sex with them."

I didn't say anything. I just said the baby is crying so I have to go. 

I just wanted to cry. I can't believe she would say shit like that. I thought to myself, "are you for real? It stings you because you can't be a sahm so you have to knock what I do?"

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM

maybe that's her problem, maybe she doesn't have a relationship with her husband like she wants to.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

That is stupid. Prostitues only have sex with thier customers. They don't have a relationship with them. And I'm sorry but I have a relationship with my husband. 

T-Rentsmommy06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not stay at home to have sex with my husband. I stay home to be with my kids. I had sex with my husband when I was working as well. Her theory is majorly flawed. Do not let it get to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM

i guess not, i can sort of see her point though.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

LOL she really hasn't a clue, does she?

oOoLeilanioOo
by ♥Leilani♥ on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That's stupid! My hubby and I don't have sex and he still pays. We're even more awesome then prostitutes! I'm just playing though, don't let it get to you... She isn't worth it!

grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a SAHM who delayed motherhood until we could afford for me to stay at home. I hardly think my eight years of post secondary education and twenty six years in the workforce before children qualifies me to be a prostitute now that I am staying at home virtually full time to raise the boys. (I still keep my foot in the door & work in a position from which I get a paycheck approximately 15 days out of the year).

vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

oh cool!! i've been bfing the same amount of time you are.

my son is 5 months.

his birthday is 6/28/12.

when is your LO's birthday?

Quoting K_D88:

Wow, that would probably be the last conversation I would ever have with someone like that.  As in, I would never speak to someone who is as narrow minded as that ever again...

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

She is wrong...plain and simple.

Momma2Imo
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM
3 moms liked this

What can I say...I'm a pretty expensive prostitute then!!! I must be pretttttty damn good at what i do ;)

Telo319
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
The sad thing is that, many women feel like that. She is just angry and bitter.
vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:27 PM

laughing

Quoting Momma2Imo:

What can I say...I'm a pretty expensive prostitute then!!! I must be pretttttty damn good at what i do ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)