Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was talking to an acquaintence of mine over the phone the other day.

We discussed our work status, her and her husband work full time out of the home. I told her i'm a sahm.

She was telling me how she wished she could be a sahm but how she wouldn't feel right because sahm are like prostitues.

She said, "if you think about it, women stay home to have sex with their husbands and since they don't have jobs and their husbands pay for everything, it's like their husbands pay to have sex with them."

I didn't say anything. I just said the baby is crying so I have to go. 

I just wanted to cry. I can't believe she would say shit like that. I thought to myself, "are you for real? It stings you because you can't be a sahm so you have to knock what I do?"

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (61-70):
Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, but for a more serious answer:  what if both parents work, but the husband happens to earn way more than the wife and so he contributes far more to the household, financially speaking.  Is that working mom also sort of a prostitute?  What if the woman earns a lot more?  Would she call the man a gigolo?  I just  have so many questions...

Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Which portion is true?  I consider my "SAHM duties" to be caring for our kids and household chores, not doing my dh.  Pretty sure I'd be sleeping with my dh regardless of my work status...

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

I have no problem with sahm's. I want to be one. With that said.....it is kind of true lol.

LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Its a fairly obvious joke, not a factual statement

Quoting Kmary:

Which portion is true?  I consider my "SAHM duties" to be caring for our kids and household chores, not doing my dh.  Pretty sure I'd be sleeping with my dh regardless of my work status...

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

I have no problem with sahm's. I want to be one. With that said.....it is kind of true lol.

K_D88
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

July 12 :).   

Quoting vinalex0581:

oh cool!! i've been bfing the same amount of time you are.

my son is 5 months.

his birthday is 6/28/12.

when is your LO's birthday?

Quoting K_D88:

Wow, that would probably be the last conversation I would ever have with someone like that.  As in, I would never speak to someone who is as narrow minded as that ever again...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Due9
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a total you-know-what. I think she is jealous she doesn't get to stay at home like you do, and has to proceed to bash sahm's.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Pffft your friend is an idiot. I'm not a prostitue. I am the boss. I run this shit. I run my house, and I run my family, and I'm sorry if she's not woman enough to handle the job, but the rest of us are.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

southernbelle07
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I really don't understand how taking care of other people's children or cleaning their house all day is hard work, but taking care of your own family doing the same things is not. Is it because it is not a "paying" job? Still hard work to me.... I sure am tired at the end of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WinterRosesmom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh mygosh how ignorant I actually giggled I sry at home ad I do way more than my hubby does at work he should pay me lol I'm sorry she said that what a whack o!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyone_91786
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

not so some can make a few grand in a night because they have an education. I was just watching a program on it and these girls and truly high call prostitutes, they are wold cultured and know whats going on in politics and the sorts, how to act at parties and everything.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

My husbands getting ripped off then. Prostitutes are cheaper.

aeroslove
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Who cares... At least i have sex with my husband at home and im not out of the house working. I dont even ever want to work. its boring. i like educatiing my self i just dont feel like having a job or learning to drive. Rather stay home all day bored even when i complain im bored. I got my husband to drive me around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN