Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My regular doctor thinks im...

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 52 Replies
Further along. I was seen by him a couple weeks ago for possible strep and that's when he found out I am pregnant ...yep its been a while. Anyways he told me he used to be an OB. He then asked if he could feel my stomach. He felt the babys head REALLY low.

So I asked my OB if he knew of my DR. He didn't, he is new to the area. I told him what he said and he seemed upset! He just said " the ultrasound doesnt lie" and that was it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by I Rock on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Huh?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
"used" to be an OB.....that sends up red flags for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I asked him why he wasn't anymore and he told me the 3 am deliveries were taking a toll on him

Quoting MissTacoBell:

"used" to be an OB.....that sends up red flags for me.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I know, its weird right?

Quoting ColieO:

Huh?

wildlilacs
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Ultrasound can "lie"...depends on the person reading it. My OB said my dd was like 9 lbs at 37 weeks, had csection ,she was only 7 lbs.
Some OB get out of field due to outragous malpractice ins premiums. And a lot of patients are sue happy.
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
My ultrasound had me due 10/12/12. My last period had me due 9/28/12. I had her 9/26/12 and her newborn assessment put her at 40weeks.
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Yikes! See I felt like I was further along before the appointment and am a lil worried he could be right! This is my 3rd...although it has been 15 yrs..lol

Quoting wildlilacs:

Ultrasound can "lie"...depends on the person reading it. My OB said my dd was like 9 lbs at 37 weeks, had csection ,she was only 7 lbs.

Some OB get out of field due to outragous malpractice ins premiums. And a lot of patients are sue happy.

tennisgal
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i would be more worried about an OB who relied so heavily on technology. ultrasounds are notoriously incorrect. 

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
This is what I'm wondering. My OB has never felt the baby or where is head is. He has measured my belly..but that's it.

Quoting tennisgal:

i would be more worried about an OB who relied so heavily on technology. ultrasounds are notoriously incorrect. 

TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Ultrasounds can most definitely be wrong.  They were off on my due date and baby's size all 3 times!  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)