Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Loosing insurance today with a 3 cm cyst :(

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM
  • 19 Replies
I have a 3 cm cyst and 2 smaller cyst on my ovary. My dr is not able to get me into surgery for two weeks. In the meantime my cyst may dissolve or burst or just continue to cause me severe pain. Dh had to switch jobs though because he was going to get laid off in January and got a new job offer. So for the first 90 days of his job we have no insurance and I can't get surgery. We make too much for public assistance insurance. This is just a vent since I am fustrated :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Keep the surgery appt. Ask if you can set up a payment plan until ins kicks back in.

Worth a shot!

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM
They are putting together a quote for me :/ hopefully it will be affordable.


Quoting momdoes:

Keep the surgery appt. Ask if you can set up a payment plan until ins kicks back in.


Worth a shot!


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM

dh doesnt have insurance (dd and I have had state since i got pregnant with her last year) and he needs a procedure. the quote we got was for $400 so I'm hoping they will let us do a payment plan, we just don't have that right now.  i hope everything works out for you.

Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM
We can afford it if it is below $1000 but I highly doubt it. If it is over that I could afford a payment plan but I hate being without insurance


Quoting boshs1andonly:

dh doesnt have insurance (dd and I have had state since i got pregnant with her last year) and he needs a procedure. the quote we got was for $400 so I'm hoping they will let us do a payment plan, we just don't have that right now.  i hope everything works out for you.


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danijean
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Does he have the option to carry his issuance for a couple of weeks? Also I'm pretty sure if he paid for December already you will be covered until the end of the month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I'm sure. Dh is being added to our insurance (hopefully) soon. But I'm not sure I want to wait until then because that might be a few more weeks. 

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

We can afford it if it is below $1000 but I highly doubt it. If it is over that I could afford a payment plan but I hate being without insurance


Quoting boshs1andonly:

dh doesnt have insurance (dd and I have had state since i got pregnant with her last year) and he needs a procedure. the quote we got was for $400 so I'm hoping they will let us do a payment plan, we just don't have that right now.  i hope everything works out for you.



Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM
His previous employer said he is only cover till the end of the month which is today. For cobra we would have to pay $994 a week.


Quoting danijean:

Does he have the option to carry his issuance for a couple of weeks? Also I'm pretty sure if he paid for December already you will be covered until the end of the month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kim8934
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

it might be worth it to pay it.  Your new insurance carrier might consider this a pre-existing condition and not pay it.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

His previous employer said he is only cover till the end of the month which is today. For cobra we would have to pay $994 a week.


Quoting danijean:

Does he have the option to carry his issuance for a couple of weeks? Also I'm pretty sure if he paid for December already you will be covered until the end of the month.


Crazylovingfam
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM
The new one carries per existing. I looked into this dt my history of cancer :)


Quoting kim8934:

it might be worth it to pay it.  Your new insurance carrier might consider this a pre-existing condition and not pay it.


Quoting Crazylovingfam:

His previous employer said he is only cover till the end of the month which is today. For cobra we would have to pay $994 a week.




Quoting danijean:

Does he have the option to carry his issuance for a couple of weeks? Also I'm pretty sure if he paid for December already you will be covered until the end of the month.




Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)