Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Oh how the mighty have fallen... the down side to being old and fat.

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay well maybe I was never "mighty" but I was a decent looking broad in my teens and early twenties.

I never had trouble getting men's attentions and overtures, not that I sought them mind you.

Now that I'm terribly over weight and 40, I still get . meh my fair share of attention now and again, only

the caliber of men who "compliment" (that's they think it is) has grossly fallen. LOL

So I'm at shoprite , I order my luncheon meats through a machine, and it tells me to pick it up at the deli counter in 35 mins.

I go about my shopping and come back 35 mins later, look in the pick up fridge and its not there yet.

A nice gentleman comes and asks me if he can help me, I explain the situation and give him my pick up number, he says oh I'm working on your order right now.. I thought someone was doing it but then I was like what you're dont doing it, here let me get this so I just started cutting the cheese now....

(he rambles on for about two minutes recalling how 4 mins ago he saw my order)

So I smile and tell him no problem.

Whip out my phone and tossing around online, and about 10 mins later he has my order, I go to take it and he pulls it back a little and I look at him .

He says "nice phone"

I said thank you

he says "can I see it"

I said, no i dont think so (and put it in my puse)

i go to reach for my deli order still in his hands and he pulls it back further.

I said what is the deal

He said I wanted your phone so I can put my number in it

I said.. yes. and I said NO I DONT THINK SO

grabbed my food from him put it in my cart and said Have a good night

i hear him say "damn I was trying to be nice!"

LOL

Jesus christ.

I need to lose weight this year. Not for my looks, not for my health but so that maybe stupid assed deli workers don't think its MY PRIVLEDGE that they put their number in my phone!!!!!

ughhhhhhh

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM
I am losing weight for myself. I decided to not give a shit about anyone and do it for me. I feel great after going to the gym :)
GL with the weight loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Thanks!

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

I am losing weight for myself. I decided to not give a shit about anyone and do it for me. I feel great after going to the gym :)
GL with the weight loss

connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Yes - I remember the old days when rejecting a higher caliber of male gave me a nice little ego boost ! 

Recently - at a friends 50th b-day party - her older brother (by about 8 or 9 yrs)   told me that he had a crush on me back in my teen years.  I was grossed out - he was married and had a litle kid at that time!   Now he is a older, balding alcoholic. 

Thats my fanbase.  How depressing.

smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Foo, you still shut them down like a champ. I used to make a game out of all the creative ways I could shut down guys' advances.

I haven't played that game in years. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I would have reported the douche to the manager. Seriously, that was highly unprofessional and a little creepy.

As for being older & wanting to lose weight, don't do it just to keep the fugly guys away, do it for yourself because you deserve to be healthy & feel good about yourself. 

vetNmommy
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Good luck with the weight loss!  I am trying to lose 40 pounds by March!  Hubby bought me an elliptical. I have lost 6 pounds so far! 

RLT2
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Yes, but did you get a free piece of cheese or not?

chalisa0
by Kim on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM

LOL!  Now, that's a first.  I've never known anyone to get hit on by the deli guy.  I guess that's flattering anyway...sorta...

MamaRae85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

No

if he would have thrown in some free roast beef or something I would have let him put it in my phone.

Quoting RLT2:

Yes, but did you get a free piece of cheese or not?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)