Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Very puzzled...Need advice

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
My 3 yr old woke up this morning complaining that her left leg hurt. I looked it over and didnt see anything abnormal. So I thought she was just playing. I asked her what happened and she just said it hurt. I figured as the day went on it would get better. She wont bear weight on it at all. There is no swelling and she can bend her knee. She has been hopping/crawling all day. She only says it hurts when I try to get her to walk. I checked her ankle and it isnt swollen either. I pressed lightly around on her leg and she didnt show any discomfort. She has one small bruise under her knee, its a little bigger than a pencil top eraser. I asked her again before dinner why her leg hurt and she said the ground hurt it. I didnt see any falls and she was doing fine before bed. I have been alternating cold and warm packs a little through the day. Im just really puzzled as to what could be wrong. I think if its the same way tomorrow, Ill take her to urgent care. My husband says give it a few days but Im really worried. She is still acting the same as usual besides not wanting to walk on it. Sorry so long
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM

That isnt long.   Hopefully she didnt get an insect bite behind her knee.   Poor girl.  I would take her in as well.  It could be a hairline fracture which swelling doesnt always occur.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

it could be growing pains

my kiddos get them all the time

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Well I'm an advocate for waiting if there isn't any sense of life threatening issues. As to her leg, have you considered that she may have slept on it funny or could it be classic growing pains, is she due for a growth spurt? My son grew "funny," he didn't grow much at all over the school year, he never grew out of his clothes but in the summer he literally grew like a weed. The summer after he finished eighth grade he actually grew twelve inches and while that extreme growth only happened that one year every summer he grew a lot and he had growth pains frequently, in either an arm or a leg over the course of the summer.

missourimommy81
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Quoting GaleJ:

Well I'm an advocate for waiting if there isn't any sense of life threatening issues. As to her leg, have you considered that she may have slept on it funny or could it be classic growing pains, is she due for a growth spurt? My son grew "funny," he didn't grow much at all over the school year, he never grew out of his clothes but in the summer he literally grew like a weed. The summer after he finished eighth grade he actually grew twelve inches and while that extreme growth only happened that one year every summer he grew a lot and he had growth pains frequently, in either an arm or a leg over the course of the summer.

I thought of those 2 reasons too. She is very small for a 3 yr old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN