Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TMI! Is this yeast infection? I am 30 weeks pg. WWYD?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay this is really embarressing for me but here it goes. On the 24th I thought my water broke but it turns out I just started leaking. (I am 30 weeks along.) So I was pumped full of antibotics and shots and IV stuff and was sent home. Well on the 26th I started to feel irritated down there and so since I had a appt with the ob that day I asked him to presribe me a antibotic for a blatter infection which I thought I had at the time because some nurse mentioned that I had a slight one when I was in the hospital on the 24th. So my ob presribed me Keflex. So I have been taking two of those twice a day. Well even since Monday the irritation has gotten worse. And when I checked myself in the mirror yesterday and today I saw like white discharge. I know TMI I am so sorry. I have another ob appt on Tuesday but I dont think I can last another four days like this and I dont want to take a otc drug because of my pregnancy and complications. I am seriously thinking about going to the ER with this especially since I am leaking water and I dont want this to get to my baby and make a worse infection. WWYD?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrangeDays
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Start eating a ton of yogurt and garlic and call your doctor ASAP. He should be able to call in a script for you to clear it up, unless he wants to check you first. Antibiotics have the nasty habit of causing yeast infections :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

You probably do have yeast infection. You mention being on a lot of antibiotics? This will kill off healthy bacteria which leads to a yeast infection. Please don't wait it will get worse ( been there done that) go to doc ASAP.

Countrygerl
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Quoting Bonneata:

You probably do have yeast infection. You mention being on a lot of antibiotics? This will kill off healthy bacteria which leads to a yeast infection. Please don't wait it will get worse ( been there done that) go to doc ASAP.

I dont have a regular doctor and my ob is gone till Monday. So should I go to the ER tonight while our kids are asleep?

Countrygerl
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

BUMP!

WendyJR
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Garlic. Even apply to the area (I know it sounds weird, but it does work)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM
If its unbearable go to the ER or urgent care:) feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting Countrygerl:

Quoting Bonneata:

I dont have a regular doctor and my ob is gone till Monday. So should I go to the ER tonight while our kids are asleep?

Yes 

Ivayla
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM

That's ridiculous! ER for yeast infection? Wait till Monday.

Jessieandlayla
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM
With the water membrane ruptured already, if it is a yeast infection it puts baby at greater risk for getting an infection considering there is not much of a barrier protecting it now. especially this early in pregnancy I would definitely go! Please don't take this lightly, happened to me 4 years ago and I almost lost my son!

Quoting Ivayla:

That's ridiculous! ER for yeast infection? Wait till Monday.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Avoiding interventions and meds is usually safest.     You can do the garlic remedies and work to seal your leak.
Keep in mind the sid-effects & risks with antibiotics, as well.

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)