Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

weight loss tips!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 34 Replies
Any ladies have some tips for weight loss? I have a friend who HAS to lose weight for health reasons and I told her I'd ask around. What exercise routines do you use? What diets work? Any weird little things that you've picked up on that help that most people wouldn't guess? All I know is green olives are supposed to boost your metabolism - but she already knows that one lol. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-vero
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Maybe I'll try another group too.. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan214
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Just eating healthy. :) Walking is a good way to start. I do Zumba and I love it!! Also- lots of water!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Try to cut back on calories, under 2000 calories a day - cut out sweets and white flour carbs... Also, try to move more...maybe start something simple like walking everyday. 

Good luck! The hardest part for me is resisting temptation - I love all fattening foods!;)

Chelly4.588.8
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Eat Less, Move More! (Source: DH & Doctor)...Also count calories, there are many websites you can join to find fitness partners and keep track of how your weight loss is coming. MyFitnessPal is one I use and a couple others for the groups. My doc told me I had to lose weight (171lbs, 5'4) if I want to be healthy for my kids so he suggested I buy an exercise bike or walk around the track at our local wellness center 5 times a week 30-40minutes each day. Also he said if you only drink water or diet drinks you'll lose 3lbs a week. So far I'm doing great, I feel like I've already lost weight and I just started doing all this three weeks ago. I don't own a scale so not really sure if I've lost any or feel like I've lost some lol. Sorry no quick miracle weight loss advice but it's the best tips I have.

Mommy's Bunch of Crazies!!!

paparazziTJ- 5yrs; ninjaIsaac- 3yrs; sticking out tongueChristopher- 2yrs; blowing kissesZelda- 5months

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM

eat raw celery, with whatever condiment you want. 

moneysaver6
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Exercise is vital for good health.  Even if she only walks 30 minutes a day, that's better than nothing.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Body by vi 90 day challenge. It is healthy and helps loose weight I am doing it and have lost 18 pounds in five weeks.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I go to the gym & use a trainer. I have also seriously changed the way I eat so that I have eliminated "fake" & adulterated foods and now only eat healthy foods, preferably as close to their natural state as possible. Counting calories helps, but only if you are also balancing your fat/carb/protein intake properly. I have lost nearly 40 lbs. in 6 months, plus I'm healthier, stronger, and have drastically improved my cardio fitness by doing all this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)