Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Seriously! (Vent!)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 41 Replies
My daughter went to victoria secrets to spend her birthday money (she's 14) to buy cute panties today. After bragging about her very first vs purchase, a 'friend' ridicled us by saying she is too young to be in a store like that. I don't understand what is wrong with a teenager going into vs. She is old enough to need a bra! Quite frankly she bought very modest only pink merchandise, and it is so comfy she can't wait to buy more. What age do you let your daughter go to vs for their first cute delicates?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwo103
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Mine are 6 and 3. But 14 sounds about right. That store has nice stuff, not all is "slutty" looking. 

gammie
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM
They are being stupid. Nothing wrong with her shopping there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Your friend is stupid. My DD is 13 almost 14 and I pan on taking her in to get her some bras.

Lovebugbaby
by ♥ Coty ♥ on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM
It's not like the entire store has 'slutty' clothes. They're silly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think 14 is appropriate.  I thought their pink line was directed more that way anyhow the more innocent look rather than the come hither look.  I wish i could go there but their bras dont fit me right.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Too young?   Doesn't Victoria Secret have a spin off store called Pink....for the younger crowd?   

I once purchased a New Years Eve dress from Fredericks of Hollywood.  I was 18.   I got so much crap about it before anyone even saw it!   People just assume that they only sell ultra sexy stuff.   

annhart19
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Nothing wrong with that. As long as she bought age appropriate stuff. Not buying slutty thongs and corsets and shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_ruggs09
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
My mom wouldn't let me shop there till I was 18. I hated it. If we have a girl I'll probably take her about 14.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I think 14 is fine! At 16 I would go with my BFF to VS...she had (well, still has, lol) an obsession with cute panties. Plus, isn't the whole point of the Pink line to appeal to the younger ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN