Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone else hate Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM
  • 90 Replies
2 moms liked this
If you love this time of year that's great for you - but does anyone else get a little bah humbug about the whole season? We've been decorating today and my hubby has been (jokingly) calling me the grinch and scrooge all day. I go through the motions but I can't pretend to love it. Anyone else feel this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM
8 moms liked this
I absolutely love Christmas, but I hate the over-commercialization of it. I think it's ridiculous how much stress people put on themselves, unnecessarily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope.  I do not like the crowds and greediness that many people exhibit but the holidays themselves I like.

veganistic
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM
4 moms liked this
Christmas always makes me cry. I guess because somewhere in my mind i still have all the magical childhood Christmas expectations... I feel so sad and disappointed every year, like something is really missing. Birthdays too. Oh well, that's what wine is for!

;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flower_momma
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this
I love it because it makes my kids happy. Them happy = me happy. Nothing else matters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jeckers
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I just hate the part of spending a ton of money!  We have such a big family and feel like we have to buy for everyone!!  Even if we spend $5-$10 a person we have about 25 to 30 people to buy for!

XJetX
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM
I don't do Xmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emptynesst
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I think it is very stressful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susanmomof
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Yes I hate somethings about it and get in a funk from time to time over it, there are so many expectations and if you don't get what some one asks for then you feel like a failure ?

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM

No sorry. Hope u find your Christmas spirit    Is there any reason u feel like the grinch? 

RLT2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Nope, I love x-mas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)