Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What type of Christmas tree do you have/like? Fake or real? Why?

Posted by   + Show Post

I always had a real Christmas tree when I was married...but always felt bad for the waste of cutting down a perfectly good tree.  Now I am divorced, and got a fake one...I love it because you can re-adjust the braches to accomidate an ornament that isn't fitting too well!!!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (211-215):
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Real just doesn't feel like Christmas unless it is real.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
knoxmomof2
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Fake for me, no other way. It's a pre-lit tree, so no fooling with lights, no mess, no disposing of it after the Season, and I got mine the day after Christmas a few years ago, so it's already more than paid for itself vs. a real tree. Also, I like your comment above.. easily adjustable for ornaments!!

INTEGRITYspeaks
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I don't believe I've ever had a real one. I actually grew up with just the fake one.. Then as soon as my younger sister was about 12, we stopped putting it up. We started putting the tree up again as soon as I had my son. Since then we have always used the fake one. It's within the budget even though a simple sized real tree is about $30 that automatically is spent for extra special gifts and the tree lasts longer than the real one. But really... The type of tree doesn't matter if love is not shared around it!!! 

GotSomeKids
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

This year, we made our Christmas tree out of books we are going to donate after the New Year.

Bellarose0212
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I buy a potted tree and we plant them afterward. Actually we buy two potted trees every year. One big one for the livingroom and one little one that my daughter gets to decorate the way she likes with mini decorations and then help plant.

It's nice, still decorates really well, a simple skirt or that fake snow fabric covers the pot, and it works out for the planet too. We have a bunch of beautiful trees from years past planted at my parents' home now (because we rent and they own). We have started to plant them by the road so that they will actually be able to decorate them with the front yard decorations. Decorated trees in the yard too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)