Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What type of Christmas tree do you have/like? Fake or real? Why?

Posted by   + Show Post

I always had a real Christmas tree when I was married...but always felt bad for the waste of cutting down a perfectly good tree.  Now I am divorced, and got a fake one...I love it because you can re-adjust the braches to accomidate an ornament that isn't fitting too well!!!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (51-60):
Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Real because my dh will not budge on this tradition.  But I'd give anything for a fake one.

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Fake. I would never have a real one.

I don't have to keep the fake one alive either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Real. Smells good, I'm used to it. Fake cause its cheaper bu I heard they burn down houses so I'm worried to get one

ldeuling
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I forgot to say at the start...My youngest son has allergies and asthma quite bad.  We aslo can't use real trees as he is allergic to pine.

scoutfamilyof7
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:50 AM
We started out with real trees then decided it would be better on our wallets to get a fake tree. Well after 15 years of the fake tree it died lol ad we got a real one this year, I know now why I loved having a real one the first few years of marriage.
BabyGsMommy11
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Fake bc DH worked for a fire restoration company. 95% of fires Nov- Jan were bc of dried out real trees.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM

real this year usually we do fake though

Des10ed2b
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM

fake! i have never had a real one and i dont want one! lol. 1) i just dont like the idea of cutting a perfectly good tree down and then just throwing it away. 2) i wouldnt want to maintain its moisture level and all the pine needles and everything. we have had the same tree for 3 years and i love it!

we also have lots and lots of home-made ornaments! 

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Growing up we always had real trees.  Dh and I had real trees for a few years but now have an artificial tree.  Our work schedules are so different it's nice to be able to just pull the tree out and put it up whenever.  There is no way we would be able to find a time to go get a real one together.  It's still a very pretty tree.  

lifeisboog
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

This is our tree right now. We are moving this week so I did a temp tree for the girls to open their presents over skype with their cousins this weekend. We are 1500 miles away so had to miss the family get together. They love it. lol I may even use is as our tree after we move. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)