Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What type of Christmas tree do you have/like? Fake or real? Why?

Posted by   + Show Post

I always had a real Christmas tree when I was married...but always felt bad for the waste of cutting down a perfectly good tree.  Now I am divorced, and got a fake one...I love it because you can re-adjust the braches to accomidate an ornament that isn't fitting too well!!!

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (61-70):
mamalusbear
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hubby and I bought a cheesy-looking little purple fake tree the first year we were married.  We still use it because it reminds us of our wonderful first Xmas together.  We'll probably get a bigger tree next year....we have a little toddler and figured it was too risky this year.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Real!    I love the smell, the trip to cut it down.....we make a day of it.    I have to have a Grand Fir, too.  The branches are sturdy and thick and full.....Hmmmm, LOVE Christmas Trees.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Real...Fraser Fir.

witchybabymomma
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I'm a poor mommy so definately fake for me, cheaper to start and also you can reuse every year. Not to mention you don't have to hassle with disposal and cleaning up fallen pine needles. I will say though I have thought about getting a real tree at least once when my son is older just so we know what it's like.

Kitschy
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Like= real

have= fake

why= allergies. 

GiggleBellies
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

fake prelit one

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

We have a fake one this year. :-( I don't like fake trees at all. They never look real and they don't smell good and it just doesn't feel as special. We always had a real tree growing up and it was one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Finding the tree, getting it home, decorating it... We have a fake one this year because everyone said the real ones they get here are dead by Christmas plus we're going home for Christmas so it would be REALLY dead by the time we got home. We live in Japan and at least in this area there's no where to buy real trees except on the base when the boy scouts get a shipment from the states. So they're cut down, shipped all the way over here, and are halfway dead when sold at Thanksgiving. :-( The Japanese don't really celebrate Christmas much or at all so they don't sell them off of base.

mehere123
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Real. We used to have a fake one but I can never make the fake ones look good. There is always a large spot of no branches so 5 years ago we got a real tree and make it a family event. Going to the tree farm and walking up a large hill finding a tree all 5 kids agree on and cutting it down. Then we have the kids carry it down the hill. They love it. This year I think they picked the best tree so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Artificial white tree cant stand needles falling from a real tree

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM
My parents do a real one that comes in a pot...so you can replant it later. I love that! But we do a fake one...because we have no where to plant the tree and we dont want the Lorax on our case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)