Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my sister "R" is my only option for childcare right now. *freaking out a bit right now*

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

i only need to work a few more weeks until i can go on sick leave and then mat leave. a few more weeks. and both of the only babysitters i had have moved out of town in the last few weeks.

well, my 21yr old sitter went to Vancouver for a theatrical thing which she isn't sure how long it will last, and the other was like a cool british 50something gramma. and they went to alberta for the remainder of the winter.

i had a weeks notice about them leaving, and have been trying like mad to find a new sitter before i work on tues, but have had no luck.

and dh is gone to stoon again, for another week of school, so it will be just me, her and the kids. i have no one else who can come at the drop of a hat.

fml. 

i am so scared. i am freaking out. she babysat my sister "J"'s kids, but not everyday for what could turn into a few weeks. 

having severe anxiety/panic attacks. he's just little. what if she doesn't take care of him? or loses her temper? or falls asleep? or forgets about him? or burns the house down.

i need a paper bag. **hyperventilating**

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM

i just need to work for a few more weeks :-(

i dont WANT to i wish i could quit right fucking now, no, last week. i hate going to work and leaving my ds. its hard enough when he has a great nanny, but....this is not the same. i am just freaking out. i can't afford to quit. what am i going to do?

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM

you guys are no fucking help. at the very least you could be slapping some sense into me. 

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM
How old is DS?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM

i am going to bed. i am sure i will have horrible dreams. i am realllly not liking this idea.....maybe my doc will put me on sick leave right now. 

i dunno. fml. ugh.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Is this the sister who tried to kill herself or am I thinking of someone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

he's just little he is 2. really smart little guy, tries to be bossy. gets into stuff, like the fridge. sometimes he yells at you. you have to be able to understand him and know what he is talking about.  he is just little though. pretty resiliant but little. and mom says she falls asleep in the afternoon sometimes....well he doesn't nap anymore...do you even know who "R" is and her whole deal? *freaking out*

Quoting pinkiebabii:

How old is DS?

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM

going crazyuhhh yeah....see why i am freaking out? my god, this childcare issue is just fucking ridiculous. i dont like this one bit, i am having a pretty hardcore panic attack just thinking about it.

Quoting babyspots17:

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
No I don't:(
I would tell you everything will be okay but I think if you are this worried maybe you should call in a couple days until you can find someone else.

Quoting D.O.E.:

he's just little he is 2. really smart little guy, tries to be bossy. gets into stuff, like the fridge. sometimes he yells at you. you have to be able to understand him and know what he is talking about.  he is just little though. pretty resiliant but little. and mom says she falls asleep in the afternoon sometimes....well he doesn't nap anymore...do you even know who "R" is and her whole deal? *freaking out*

Quoting pinkiebabii:

How old is DS?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup no way in hell I would let her watch my kids then.

Quoting D.O.E.:

going crazyuhhh yeah....see why i am freaking out? my god, this childcare issue is just fucking ridiculous. i dont like this one bit, i am having a pretty hardcore panic attack just thinking about it.

Quoting babyspots17:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Is staying home just absolutely not an option? I wouldn't leave my child with anyone that I wasn't comfortable with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)