Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my sister "R" is my only option for childcare right now. *freaking out a bit right now*

Posted by   + Show Post

i only need to work a few more weeks until i can go on sick leave and then mat leave. a few more weeks. and both of the only babysitters i had have moved out of town in the last few weeks.

well, my 21yr old sitter went to Vancouver for a theatrical thing which she isn't sure how long it will last, and the other was like a cool british 50something gramma. and they went to alberta for the remainder of the winter.

i had a weeks notice about them leaving, and have been trying like mad to find a new sitter before i work on tues, but have had no luck.

and dh is gone to stoon again, for another week of school, so it will be just me, her and the kids. i have no one else who can come at the drop of a hat.

fml. 

i am so scared. i am freaking out. she babysat my sister "J"'s kids, but not everyday for what could turn into a few weeks. 

having severe anxiety/panic attacks. he's just little. what if she doesn't take care of him? or loses her temper? or falls asleep? or forgets about him? or burns the house down.

i need a paper bag. **hyperventilating**

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Replies (21-29):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM

highschool kids are in school while i am working. "R" has been doing better, not acting so weird, but i am just super nervous about it.

Quoting cjsix:

slap<----sense...

I understand why you are concerned and I would be too. How far away is your mom? I'm sorry I don't remember but,I think it's too far to help...correct? Is there a way to find a high school or college age girl nearby that could use a bit of extra money? I'm sorry I'm not much help....huggingI can however send cyber Hugs!

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Don't they have regular daycares in Canada? You could send him there for a few weeks and won't have to worry about your sister that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM

The sister who tried to kill herself?

If this is the person you're referring to, then there is NO WAY in fucking hell I would leave a toddler alone with someone who so recently tried to kill herself.  I agree with Foo, 100%.  If something terrible does happen, it's on you. 

smartmommy1050
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Put him into a daycare then! At least in a daycare they are held to certain standards. He would be much safer in a group setting with a teacher than alone with someone who is suicidal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Quoting smartmommy1050:

Put him into a daycare then! At least in a daycare they are held to certain standards. He would be much safer in a group setting with a teacher than alone with someone who is suicidal.

There is no day are in my town, but thank god my friend wes's mom said she would babysit until i go on sick leave. So THANK FUCKING GOD!!! she also refused $120/week and offered to do it for $50! Whew! Thank god! What a reliefe! Im at my docs waiting to go in right now, and he wont be impressed because i am sick (chest infe tion - no voice) but it hurts to walk? Like wth. I hurt. Dont know if im just being a wuss or should be concerned....see what doc says
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Quoting Paperfishies:

If this is the person you're referring to, then there is NO WAY in fucking hell I would leave a toddler alone with someone who so recently tried to kill herself.  I agree with Foo, 100%.  If something terrible does happen, it's on you. 

And hence why i was freaking out. Thank god found a sitter.at the last minute. God i cant wait to be able to stay home
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Glad you were able to find a sitter.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Paperfishies:

And hence why i was freaking out. Thank god found a sitter.at the last minute. God i cant wait to be able to stay home

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Quoting Paperfishies:

Me too. R is still going to be stayi.g with me this week though, she can babysit ds 6 from 330-520 thats not so worrysom.
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
My doctor put me on sick leave due to comications of pregnancy. I fucki.g LOVE that man right now!!!!! Gonna finish off this pay periox and i am DONE!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)