Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Update...They are going to sedate him

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 25 Replies

My Brian( he is 11) has to have an Upper GI at 9:00 a.m. And while I know it is a simple procedure and "bad things" rarely happen I am still freaking out. I am telling you guys so I don't scare him....sigh. Wish us well.

Have a nice day mommas. This is my big boy.

Well,before the bloodwork comes back the only thing doctor was able to tell us is that Brian has Doudenitis,Esophagitis and Antral Gastritis. So,whatever it is that is making him sick to his tummy all the time has started to inflame different parts inside his stomach.The doc said he is almost certain it is Celiacs...Any moms with kids that have this?Is it hard to control?

I am proud of my boy though.He took the IV with no problems and was very calm about it all.Boy,am I glad that's done for now.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaMB
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Photo

Good luck! Everything will be fine! Remember to breath :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Y2kmomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM
It's nerve racking no matter how simple a procedure is. I about had a panic attack when my son ha a filling and they said he would need laughing gas! Lol
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I understand the feeling. My 11 month has to be put under for ear tubes and im like freaking out, even though my 4 yr old had the same procedure done. Good luck everything is going to be fine! He is handsome!!!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Thank you.Bryce (9 yr old)has had tubes,his adenoids and tonsils removed.And everytime they sedated him I was freaking out....the stuff we go through for our kids.LOL

Quoting Jessy613:

I understand the feeling. My 11 month has to be put under for ear tubes and im like freaking out, even though my 4 yr old had the same procedure done. Good luck everything is going to be fine! He is handsome!!!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM

BUMP!

TableforSeven
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM

My son had to have minor surgery when he was not yet 4...the worry was the hardest part.

((hugs Mama))

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
My son has had three surgeries and dd two. Im sure it will be fine. It is still scary though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

rawrmommysaurus
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I was freaking out when my youngest went in for a tounge tie trimming.  He was in the OR for less than 20 min.  The Dr said the longest part was when they were sedating him, then when he was being brought back up.  LOL

I have never even known anyone with Cialacs.  (sp?)  Good luck to you.  Have you tried looking for groups on here, or FB?

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

No,not yet.I didn't know that we had a group for Celiacs,hhhmmm. I'm going to go check that out.Thanks

Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

I was freaking out when my youngest went in for a tounge tie trimming.  He was in the OR for less than 20 min.  The Dr said the longest part was when they were sedating him, then when he was being brought back up.  LOL

I have never even known anyone with Cialacs.  (sp?)  Good luck to you.  Have you tried looking for groups on here, or FB?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)