Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you think women can have it all?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think women can have it all?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 310

View Results

Is this really possible, or are we chasing something unattainable? Share your thoughts in the comments.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
What does having it all mean? If it means having a career and being a mother, yes the can have it all. Men do it all the time. Why couldn't a woman?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM

To me "having it all" means you are happy with life.  Whether that is working and never having kids, being a sahm or something inbetween, if you are happy with what you are doing and have done in life, you have it all.

jbyrd898
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I think you can have it all but not really appreciate any of it, because you are so tired and stressed.

rose4607
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Yes, but having it all is exhausting lol

we rock 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

There needs to be an 'other' option.

I feel that women can have it all but I think that it isn't really possible until the kids are older and more independent. I truly believe that a parent should be home with their children for as long as possible.

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM

it's possible for a women to get it all if she's rich or marries someone who's rich.

BraeBaysMom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Yes! I have it all! A husband who takes care of me n our kids, who gives me unlimited spending money, who loves me more then life itself! Plus im a mother (which ive wanted to be for a long time) and i a SHAM. All i want (husband, kids,shopping) is everything i have. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Yes. Just not at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM

No, and why would we want it all? It takes two people to make a baby. It takes two people (or sometimes more) to raise a baby. Only a foolish egotistical woman (or anyone, really) would think they could do it all and have it all - family, career, and sanity! I am just one person who can and will do the work of one person.

wildlilacs
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Depends on what you consider" having it all" means to you.
I have a paid off car that still runs good. An apt I can afford. My child is secure and healthy. I have a job that supports us. I have it all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN