Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think women can have it all?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think women can have it all?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 310

View Results

Is this really possible, or are we chasing something unattainable? Share your thoughts in the comments.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
What does having it all mean? If it means having a career and being a mother, yes the can have it all. Men do it all the time. Why couldn't a woman?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM

To me "having it all" means you are happy with life.  Whether that is working and never having kids, being a sahm or something inbetween, if you are happy with what you are doing and have done in life, you have it all.

jbyrd898
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I think you can have it all but not really appreciate any of it, because you are so tired and stressed.

rose4607
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Yes, but having it all is exhausting lol

we rock 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

There needs to be an 'other' option.

I feel that women can have it all but I think that it isn't really possible until the kids are older and more independent. I truly believe that a parent should be home with their children for as long as possible.

vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM

it's possible for a women to get it all if she's rich or marries someone who's rich.

BraeBaysMom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Yes! I have it all! A husband who takes care of me n our kids, who gives me unlimited spending money, who loves me more then life itself! Plus im a mother (which ive wanted to be for a long time) and i a SHAM. All i want (husband, kids,shopping) is everything i have. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Yes. Just not at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM

No, and why would we want it all? It takes two people to make a baby. It takes two people (or sometimes more) to raise a baby. Only a foolish egotistical woman (or anyone, really) would think they could do it all and have it all - family, career, and sanity! I am just one person who can and will do the work of one person.

wildlilacs
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Depends on what you consider" having it all" means to you.
I have a paid off car that still runs good. An apt I can afford. My child is secure and healthy. I have a job that supports us. I have it all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN