Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you think women can have it all?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think women can have it all?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 310

View Results

Is this really possible, or are we chasing something unattainable? Share your thoughts in the comments.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Replies (51-60):
christina0607
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don't see how anyone can be successful in a career without putting their career first.

what is your career?

Quoting mama2gg:

I don't agree at all I have a career, a home,perfect husband, I do ALL the house work and cook, I work full time, I finished college, I have a son and a daughter on the way, we own our home. It's all about knowing how to balance it ALL equally with time and effort

Quoting christina0607:

Do you mean like a career, family and personal life?

Honestly, no. Ok well lets rephrase that, yes of course you can physically have all of these things, however I don't think it's possible to give 100% to all of them. You need to constantly choose between them and what comes first. Which unfortunately means a womans career will come first. Which to me, just isn't having it all.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I feel like I have it all, I work from home running a successful business, I have the freedom to come and go to my kids functions I can help my husband with his business, yes women can have it all,.I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Men have never tried to have it all. As a whole men have always been expected to put their career first. Their wives took care of the kids so they could.

Quoting mrsfitz05:

That depends on your definition of the concept. No one ever asks if MEN can have it all. It's funny how a man can have a powerful career, a golfing hobby, and still be raising a family. However, if a mom has a job then she isn't raising her children. Ahhh....CM judgement at it's finest.

I have 3 beautiful children that I love more than life, a wonderful husband who adores us & a career. My family does, has and will always come first but lucky for me, I don't have to make the choice between the 2. I can succeed in my job and still be there whenever my kids need me. Do I make choices that are influenced by having a family? Certainly. Would I walk away from my career if there came a time where that was what was best for our family? Yes, I would. But see, because I work, my husband also has the ability to put his family first before his job. It's the arrangement that works for us and makes us all happy. 

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Of course, I have a job, a family, a home, three dogs and NOW a brand new FREE cafemom mug.

I have it ALL

Ali5683
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Anyone can have anything they want if they work for it. The universe has no limitations...

mama2gg
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM

We own two companies and handle jewelry sales and yes you can if you can budget your time my FAMILY had family time and my work has work time....

just everything is equal people only need 5-6 hours of sleep pick when you feel sleepy and sleep you have 18 hours in a day if you can't handle a life full of everything in 18 hours in a day you have bad organization skills doesn't mean its not possible!

Quoting christina0607:

I don't see how anyone can be successful in a career without putting their career first.

what is your career?

Quoting mama2gg:

I don't agree at all I have a career, a home,perfect husband, I do ALL the house work and cook, I work full time, I finished college, I have a son and a daughter on the way, we own our home. It's all about knowing how to balance it ALL equally with time and effort

Quoting christina0607:

Honestly, no. Ok well lets rephrase that, yes of course you can physically have all of these things, however I don't think it's possible to give 100% to all of them. You need to constantly choose between them and what comes first. Which unfortunately means a womans career will come first. Which to me, just isn't having it all.

mrsfitz05
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

In our family, we do everything together. We financially provide together, we care for the children together, we care for the household together. That means neither of us HAVE to put our careers first.

Quoting christina0607:

Men have never tried to have it all. As a whole men have always been expected to put their career first. Their wives took care of the kids so they could.

Quoting mrsfitz05:

That depends on your definition of the concept. No one ever asks if MEN can have it all. It's funny how a man can have a powerful career, a golfing hobby, and still be raising a family. However, if a mom has a job then she isn't raising her children. Ahhh....CM judgement at it's finest.

I have 3 beautiful children that I love more than life, a wonderful husband who adores us & a career. My family does, has and will always come first but lucky for me, I don't have to make the choice between the 2. I can succeed in my job and still be there whenever my kids need me. Do I make choices that are influenced by having a family? Certainly. Would I walk away from my career if there came a time where that was what was best for our family? Yes, I would. But see, because I work, my husband also has the ability to put his family first before his job. It's the arrangement that works for us and makes us all happy. 

Bethany

'Never be ashamed of the indignities to which love may someday reduce you. Worry instead that you may never love so deeply as to risk the ridicule of your countrymen" Roger Elwood

MumaSue
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Yes just depends on how "their all" is defined. It's a relative term.

christina0607
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM

these companies that you own, you must have to put many many hours into it. uinless you are an unseen owner, which is rare unless it's a fortune 500 company.

Oh and you may want to look into what the average person needs for sleep. the average person needs 7-9 hours a day to be highly functioning. so If you're only sleeping 5-6 I would say you are surely not having it all...you are depriving yourself in order to burn your candle at both ends.

Quoting mama2gg:

We own two companies and handle jewelry sales and yes you can if you can budget your time my FAMILY had family time and my work has work time....

just everything is equal people only need 5-6 hours of sleep pick when you feel sleepy and sleep you have 18 hours in a day if you can't handle a life full of everything in 18 hours in a day you have bad organization skills doesn't mean its not possible!

Quoting christina0607:

what is your career?

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting christina0607:

workoutmom2b1g
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Whether you stay home or go to work, you can not have it all. No one can do 100% all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN