Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

enough of " what did u buy for christmas" i wanna hear what traditions you share!! :)

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this
I see many posts talking about what people bought their kids for Christmas but I wanna hear your traditions. This year we are doing elf on the shelf and taking cookies and cards to the nursing home :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piwife
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Gingerbread house, hot cocoa. We read the kids the story of jesus. We also open presents at midnight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I think I've earned the worst gingerbread house architect award ever lol

Quoting piwife:

Gingerbread house, hot cocoa. We read the kids the story of jesus. We also open presents at midnight
missamanda86
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a certain Santa ornament that the kids put on, alternatly, like the last year I put the tree up, my DD got to hang the Santa, and by rights this year it should have been DS, but when there's a new baby they get to hang it. So my 7mo got to hang it this year. And we bake cookies Christmas Eve and leave them and a glass of milk out for Santa. The kids wake up to an empty plate, glass and a letter from Santa. Oh and on Christmas Eve, the kids get to open their Christmas Jammies

blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Awww! Love the Christmas ornament idea :) mine get a new one every year and enjoy looking through them as we decorate the tree. We also do christmas jammies. Thanks for sharing :)

Quoting missamanda86:

We have a certain Santa ornament that the kids put on, alternatly, like the last year I put the tree up, my DD got to hang the Santa, and by rights this year it should have been DS, but when there's a new baby they get to hang it. So my 7mo got to hang it this year. And we bake cookies Christmas Eve and leave them and a glass of milk out for Santa. The kids wake up to an empty plate, glass and a letter from Santa. Oh and on Christmas Eve, the kids get to open their Christmas Jammies

Paperfishies
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM

On Christmas Eve, we drive around looking at all the lights, then we go home, the kids unwrap their new PJs and get to choose a present to unwrap...Then we watch A Christmas Carol, make cookies and go to bed.

SterlingHeart
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

we bake cookies every year as gifts to other families we spend so much time with thru the year, as well as teachers, co-workers etc.....  

I do the week of lights with my kids - for one week there is a night drive we do to different places that starts with the Griffith Park lights and the Fireman's toy drive train lights and show and then we have a few places that just have fantastic homes decorated that are great to see and we end with the candle light live nativity at our church.

My father reads to all the grandkids on Christmas eve the story of Jay Bez Daws - the little boy who didn't believe in Santa Clause - it is a poem by Ogden Nash - that is my fav!   

yezay
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Ds is with his dad Xmas eve and Xmas morning this year so were doing elf in the shelf and an advent calendar and as much as we can me fore Xmas eve since we won't have that time together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I make peanut butter cups, fondue, sausage cheese balls, and crab dip.

We open gifts one at a time.

We read the story of Jesus' birth.
We drive around looking at decorations and lights.
blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Awww those sound like great traditions. Warms my heart hearing about yours and others traditions! Tis the true meaning of the holidays

Quoting SterlingHeart:

we bake cookies every year as gifts to other families we spend so much time with thru the year, as well as teachers, co-workers etc.....  

I do the week of lights with my kids - for one week there is a night drive we do to different places that starts with the Griffith Park lights and the Fireman's toy drive train lights and show and then we have a few places that just have fantastic homes decorated that are great to see and we end with the candle light live nativity at our church.

My father reads to all the grandkids on Christmas eve the story of Jay Bez Daws - the little boy who didn't believe in Santa Clause - it is a poem by Ogden Nash - that is my fav!   

blazenangel5
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I know sharing custody is hard. I have to also. I'm sure your traditions will mean a lot to your child

Quoting yezay:

Ds is with his dad Xmas eve and Xmas morning this year so were doing elf in the shelf and an advent calendar and as much as we can me fore Xmas eve since we won't have that time together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN